SRT-4 OWNERS! - Post your reviews!

keep the reviews coming. and keep outside opinions out, we want owners opinions.

Kooldino said:
The SRT DOES have more power potential, it has a better motor. But again, this isn't a MSP vs SRT thread.
I NEVER argued that.. I simply argued that 95% of the people who use that reason wont ever go over a FS-DE's potential

one thing I would add, is that after I build my motor it will have more potential than a stock SRT engine... the tranny is obviously still the weak point, and I will be addressing it soon.

Last edited:
mx3ownzj00 said:
steve's car was VERY poorly tuned for a long time. once it was properly tuned it was still running a fuel piggyback and a MAF signal modifier for air control. at times his motor saw up to 48+psi. he also dragged on falken azenis, the one tire you shouldn't use for drag racing... he ran a 12.xx after his motor blew at the 1/8mile mark.

his motor wasn't the end all power ability question for the srt4's bottom end everyone wants it to be.
(sad2).....i miss cruising with him on saturday nights. Son of a b**** was a beast.

well little update on my review of the srt4. i got some tein s springs and energy susp end links with bushings. WOW! installed this morning and i think i may only need a beefy rear sway bar for the back. i think once i get a rear sway bar for the srt4 it will handle very close to my old modded p5. the susp i had on my p5 : g/c coilovers, msp tokico blues, awr rear sway bar, falken azeins.

i noticed that the front sway bar of the srt4 was very rusty. that wasnt the only thing.... alot of the main susp parts are just bare steel and not even painted. not good!!!

one good thing is the brakes on the srt4 are way better than the rusty mazda rotors that we all know about. hahaha

more to come.... im going to install a b/c and a custom waste gate actuator tomorrow.

1FASTMP5 said:
more to come.... im going to install a b/c and a custom waste gate actuator tomorrow.
(thumb).....cant wait to get my srt-4. Already planning on getting the Modern Performance 3" Turbo-back with the 3" o2 pipe, and the TurboXS Boost Upgrade kit (rockon)

CitizenPro said:
(thumb).....cant wait to get my srt-4. Already planning on getting the Modern Performance 3" Turbo-back with the 3" o2 pipe, and the TurboXS Boost Upgrade kit (rockon)

sweet!

My beef..Not as fast as any of the hype. Seems to run into a very large 13 second barrier which very few can break. After seeing an MSP with minimal mods waste handfuls of modified SRT-4 all night long at a track..I'm not too convinced they are the almighty racecar. They are fun definetly though. I considered one for a while. They just can't handle..Thats the real problem. Lots of fun though..My thought is, if your going to spend top dollar on a new car..do it the right way..you want speed..don't buy a fwd..thats all though..cars are fun in general though.

122 Vega said:
9 gallon tank in the SRT vs. 14 gallon tank in the MSP.
9 Gallons!! Thats nuts, thats one of the smallest tanks ive heard of on a car. Those Scions some of the smallest cars out have like 12 gallon tanks.

im currently parting my car out and most have been sold to local friends. im looking for a used wrx and if i cant find any, i MIGHT look into getting an srt-4. currently, id rather have a wrx.... ive always wanted one.

btw, post m0 reviews!

This isn't really directed to you but I just quoted it anyways. :)

The car in question here in cali is daves at dynoworks. He pumped a ridiculous amount of money into the motor as well. The guy also lost to steve's sr20 powered 200sx on the technicality that he redlighted in the race. Not to mention he showed up with huge gumball slicks and steve came with street tires. As far as stock internals the srt motor is hardly the be all to end all motor. Stock sr20 record is 649whp.

spacemonkey said:
You know steve anderson car had 500 hp and we knew what happened at the end. all cars have there limits. Plus 11.1 on a FWD car? Its probally running on some slicks to make up for the lost in tracktion FWD car tend to have at the track. 11.2 thats amazing...but are you gonna use all that power? Waht about the breaks to handel that power...or the inherit flaws of the chasis. There a reason why enzos earns that 11 sec. Lots of people can make cars run fast in a straight line with a good drag racer. I've seen a geo metro run 9s (smoked a Cobra and had flames shooting out)...but is that what cars are ment to do? just go fast in a straight line? pretty amazing it did it on stock tranny and internals but obviously its gonna wear it down...the question becomes how long.

If they didnt make so many SRT-4s I would drive a skittle. Gets good gas milage and very useful for everyday driving. its a good car...both cars are good. But im currently happy with the speed and have no intention on trading it in. next car will be AWD or RWD... ;)

Later...I have a date with Frances.

FBI14 said:
9 Gallons!! Thats nuts, thats one of the smallest tanks ive heard of on a car. Those Scions some of the smallest cars out have like 12 gallon tanks.
its really more like 12gal -mabye he should check his manual. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I am used to the light coming on after 9 gallons. That is why I wrote that. I always think nine when I fill up! Working nights again has got me all f'ed up! You are right, but the MSP still gets better mileage.

Britt

check this out! ok i have a msp tranny & axles pulled out from my p5. im working on the srt4 and im checking out the axles to check differences from each other. i swear up & down that the srt4 and msp have the SAME axles. same size, same design, same stamps, same color, ect.... wtf????

Well, Ford owns Mazda....and Ford = ****** over rebuilt Dodge....

This could be good news, but has anyone broken MSP axles yet?

Britt

trading in the msp for me was not a problem for me. no regrets at all. don't get me wrong the msp is ok car. there is a couple of reasons for me to trade in the msp.

1. the orange color. was nice at first but got old quick.
2. lack of power. even with all my mods i had still not as fast as the srt-4 stock
3. stiff ass ride with all the squeaks and clunks
4. motor started making noises on start ups in the morning

my payments only went up an extra 30 bucks a month and my insurance went down $200 a year.

some stuff i don't like about the srt-4

1. turning radius sucks
2. small gas tank
3. the ride can be a little to soft

overall i am pretty happy with the srt.

prospeed said:
trading in the msp for me was not a problem for me. no regrets at all. don't get me wrong the msp is ok car. there is a couple of reasons for me to trade in the msp.

1. the orange color. was nice at first but got old quick.
2. lack of power. even with all my mods i had still not as fast as the srt-4 stock
3. stiff ass ride with all the squeaks and clunks
4. motor started making noises on start ups in the morning

my payments only went up an extra 30 bucks a month and my insurance went down $200 a year.

some stuff i don't like about the srt-4

1. turning radius sucks
2. small gas tank
3. the ride can be a little to soft

overall i am pretty happy with the srt.
I have never lost to a stock SRT-4.

Latest posts

Back