Sr20 t25

I used neither compressor housing adapters......I just put the msp t25 compressor housing. And if I did it again I'd just but the drain line flange. I modded mine.

Neilv did you have any issues with the dp mounting to the turbo? We ran into an issue but we took care of it in my car.

Sorry neilv just read your last post. We ended up wallowing out one of the holes.

And I'm retarded I do have the 3 bolt compressor adapter. Don't know why I thought it was stock compressor housing. Been awhile since I installed mine lol

Here's some shots of my install
The 2 exhaust houses together

IMAG0389.jpg

Modded msp compressor housing for wga line

IMAG0385.jpg

With the wga attached And attached to the mani

IMAG0391.jpg

bad picture but you can see the mani turbo and dp together here

IMAG0401.jpg

Last edited:
that makes more sense. i did the same thinng but i ran the wga line from the 3 bolt adapter and plugged the hole where you have your vacuum fitting.

2 holes had to be enlarged on my s-pipe. i just bought the Corksport S+j pipe as its easier to dremel stainless steel than cast iron.

did you notice any difference in spool or power with the swap? im assuming you just swapped turbos?

Yes I build half my turbo kit from ATP (oil feed/return,coolant, every tiny fitting, nut and bolt and even couplers.)

You can get everything you need there(3bolt adapter, 2 bolt adapter, t25 gasket, 5 bolt gasket, t25 drain gasket, 9 nuts for the studs, 2/3 Allen key bolts for the adapters respectively.)

While your there I'd suggest a new ATP wastegate as you have to modify the wastegate bracket(keep from your old turbo) and re-clock the turbo

The exhaust manifold gasket and s to j pipe you will need to get at the dealer.

The 2 bolt adapter is for the compressor inlet(2.5") and the 3bolt adapter is for the compressor outlet(2"). If I recall the bolt sides for those is m8 for the 2 bolt and m6 for the 3 bolt. Also the 3 bolt adapter comes with a vacuum fitting. Use that as your vacuum source for the wastegate as it gives a better reading compared to stock location.

I almost forgot that the s pipe needs to be modified. The 5 holes line up 98% perfect but 2 of the holes need to be enlarged. You can get a machine shop to drill out the cast iron stocker or you can pick up an aftermarket and dremel it out

Excellent thank you for this, I'm gnna go ahead and order these adapters and pass this knowledge to my friend that's going to be installing the turbo for me. Thanks again and I'll let everyone know how t goes. Bye like how long did the install take?

mine isnt installed yet as i have school and track miata to get out of my garage.

the longest part will be drilling out the s-pipe and clocking the turbo/getting the wastegate lined up. everything else is a bolt on affair

Mine spools faster now. It felt quicker but I also added the 3 inch dp. The next day my hg went out and I swapped the whole motor. Feels real fast now on full compression lol

Yes I build half my turbo kit from ATP (oil feed/return,coolant, every tiny fitting, nut and bolt and even couplers.)

You can get everything you need there(3bolt adapter, 2 bolt adapter, t25 gasket, 5 bolt gasket, t25 drain gasket, 9 nuts for the studs, 2/3 Allen key bolts for the adapters respectively.)

While your there I'd suggest a new ATP wastegate as you have to modify the wastegate bracket(keep from your old turbo) and re-clock the turbo

The exhaust manifold gasket and s to j pipe you will need to get at the dealer.

The 2 bolt adapter is for the compressor inlet(2.5") and the 3bolt adapter is for the compressor outlet(2"). If I recall the bolt sides for those is m8 for the 2 bolt and m6 for the 3 bolt. Also the 3 bolt adapter comes with a vacuum fitting. Use that as your vacuum source for the wastegate as it gives a better reading compared to stock location.

I almost forgot that the s pipe needs to be modified. The 5 holes line up 98% perfect but 2 of the holes need to be enlarged. You can get a machine shop to drill out the cast iron stocker or you can pick up an aftermarket and dremel it out
Is the t25 gasket the inlet gasket?

Mine spools faster now. It felt quicker but I also added the 3 inch dp. The next day my hg went out and I swapped the whole motor. Feels real fast now on full compression lol

How much boost are you running? I was on 8psi before winter (I have an SR20 turbo as well) and it pulled pretty well.

I actually milled the 3bolt compressor discharge down, and then had a buddy cut the SR20 outlet elbow and weld it on so it now has a half funky looking 2" hose out instead of using an adapter. I had no issues with any of the mounting, including the "s"pipe bolts. You shouldn't need to drill anything. The SR20 GT2560R should be exactly outline interchangeable with the stock MSP GT2554R on the exhaust end.

YES. T25 inlet

Last edited:
How much boost are you running? I was on 8psi before winter (I have an SR20 turbo as well) and it pulled pretty well.

I actually milled the 3bolt compressor discharge down, and then had a buddy cut the SR20 outlet elbow and weld it on so it now has a half funky looking 2" hose out instead of using an adapter. I had no issues with any of the mounting, including the "s"pipe bolts. You shouldn't need to drill anything. The SR20 GT2560R should be exactly outline interchangeable with the stock MSP GT2554R on the exhaust end.

YES. T25 inlet

Thank you, tackling this project this weekend :)

Im running an SR20 t25 as well, but I put the msp compressor housing on the nissan turbo. It fits fine as long as your nissan is an a/r .80. This way no additional adapters are needed.

Duffbuster was right , didn't need any adapters just swapped the compressor housing and actuator from the Msp turbo and worked just fine :D

I ran a silivia T25 for three years until I recently blew it. Its a great turbo and is bigger than the stock. I think its the biggest T25.

Back