Sr20 t25

slammedmsp

:
2003.5 MSP
Question, I need to replace my msp's turbo and found an sr20det garret t25 for a very good price, will it bolt right up or will I need any modification ? Has anyone used this turbo?

talk to scmp3....hes got a silvia t25. idk if he had to do any mods to make it work though

I bought a silvia T25 thinking it was the same. It is actually smaller than the MSP T25. You need to buy adapters, clock it, and possibly mod the WGA. They are also journal bearing instead of ball bearing, so they can be rebuilt but they are much more prone to being damaged by compressor surge.

I bought a silvia T25 thinking it was the same. It is actually smaller than the MSP T25. You need to buy adapters, clock it, and possibly mod the WGA. They are also journal bearing instead of ball bearing, so they can be rebuilt but they are much more prone to being damaged by compressor surge.
Which adapters? I wasnt informed of this lol and did that happen to yours?

For the turbo flanges. For instance, the MSP T25 has a 3 bolt outlet whereas the Silvia T25 has a 2 bolt outlet. They can be found on atpturbo.com but I think they cost about $30-$40 each.

For the turbo flanges. For instance, the MSP T25 has a 3 bolt outlet whereas the Silvia T25 has a 2 bolt outlet. They can be found on atpturbo.com but I think they cost about $30-$40 each.
Oooh, thanks for the heads up man, anything else I should look out for when doing this?

i have mine all set up and ready to be installed

just needs the 3 bolt outlet and 2 bolt inlet adapters for the compressor.
i used an atp wastegate and msp wastegate bracket with 2 of the holes drilled out.
reclocked
and braided lines with proper restrictors

they are the same size as the MSP turbo but not ball bearing. a little less spool and a few lesss hp(1-3 maybe) but easily replaceable and dispsable

here is a pic of it set up with the msp manifold, atp adapters and CS s-pipe

IMG-20120108-00045.jpg

IMG-20120108-00046.jpg

its not on yet because of school. but a few weeks and i should be able to see how well it works

Last edited:
i have mine all set up and ready to be installed

just needs the 3 bolt outlet and 2 bolt inlet adapters for the compressor.
i used an atp wastegate and msp wastegate bracket with 2 of the holes drilled out.
reclocked
and braided lines with proper restrictors

they are the same size as the MSP turbo but not ball bearing. a little less spool and a few lesss hp(1-3 maybe) but easily replaceable and dispsable

here is a pic of it set up with the msp manifold, atp adapters and CS s-pipe

IMG-20120108-00045.jpg

IMG-20120108-00046.jpg

its not on yet because of school. but a few weeks and i should be able to see how well it works

Thank you, that was very helpful. What gaskets should be replaced?

im in the process of turboing my MP3 so i have to install everything(oil feel, return, oil pan, fmic everything)

for gaskets you will need to pull off everything i have showed you there off of the car. so exhaust manifold, 4bolt t25 gasket, 5 bolt outlet gasket and the 3 bolt gasket between the s and j pipes.

the 3/2 bolt adapters for the sr20 t25 from stp came with a rubber compression gasket so you should be fine there.

you will need gaskets for the oil drain return fittings i believe as well and crush washers for other things. not too sure on the stock msp stuff

im in the process of turboing my MP3 so i have to install everything(oil feel, return, oil pan, fmic everything)

for gaskets you will need to pull off everything i have showed you there off of the car. so exhaust manifold, 4bolt t25 gasket, 5 bolt outlet gasket and the 3 bolt gasket between the s and j pipes.

the 3/2 bolt adapters for the sr20 t25 from stp came with a rubber compression gasket so you should be fine there.

you will need gaskets for the oil drain return fittings i believe as well and crush washers for other things. not too sure on the stock msp stuff
Thank you really appreciate the info, where'd you purchase all your gaskets and the 3/2 adapters are for the outlet right?

Yes I build half my turbo kit from ATP (oil feed/return,coolant, every tiny fitting, nut and bolt and even couplers.)

You can get everything you need there(3bolt adapter, 2 bolt adapter, t25 gasket, 5 bolt gasket, t25 drain gasket, 9 nuts for the studs, 2/3 Allen key bolts for the adapters respectively.)

While your there I'd suggest a new ATP wastegate as you have to modify the wastegate bracket(keep from your old turbo) and re-clock the turbo

The exhaust manifold gasket and s to j pipe you will need to get at the dealer.

The 2 bolt adapter is for the compressor inlet(2.5") and the 3bolt adapter is for the compressor outlet(2"). If I recall the bolt sides for those is m8 for the 2 bolt and m6 for the 3 bolt. Also the 3 bolt adapter comes with a vacuum fitting. Use that as your vacuum source for the wastegate as it gives a better reading compared to stock location.

I almost forgot that the s pipe needs to be modified. The 5 holes line up 98% perfect but 2 of the holes need to be enlarged. You can get a machine shop to drill out the cast iron stocker or you can pick up an aftermarket and dremel it out

Last edited:
Back