Squealing whenever driving through puddles with front passenger side tire

:
SOLD 2002 Protege5; Current 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring
The title pretty much says it all. Drive through medium puddle with front passenger side tire and I will squeal the next 2 time I try to accelerate from a stop. I am thinking wet belts, but why do they get wet so easily and consistently.

No squealing at other times though.

Thanks,
ZoomFive

Easy test.. Take a garden hose it. Spray it from underneath and if it's the case. Would be nice to have a splash shield underneath on the 9 like they do with the 3.

The title pretty much says it all. Drive through medium puddle with front passenger side tire and I will squeal the next 2 time I try to accelerate from a stop. I am thinking wet belts, but why do they get wet so easily and consistently.

No squealing at other times though.

Thanks,
ZoomFive

It's those Bridgstones screaming because they hate water (nailbyt)

Just kidding.. Your belt(s) could be worn depending on mileage and the bit of wetness they see puts them over the edge for slipping.

If it is just my car that is doing it, I suspect that it is a tension problem. I am however curious why it gets wet so easily. I hit one puddle with that wheel and I am guaranteed a squeal or two the next time I step harder on the gas.

It's not that uncommon for belts to get splashed. You just don't usually notice it if they don't slip.

I'll get the tension checked.

Seems like we are each having these little annoyances to some level. My Protege5 only had one annoying thing tops while I owned it.

The tech who figured it out (after several) did it. He used dielectric grease because it's super heavy and sticky, and applied it to the shaft above the shock cylinder, under the boot. Problem solved.
It was the rubber bump stop that was chattering as the piston moved slowly up and down, making the whole front of the car groan and creak.

Easy to do yourself, though.

Back