Sport Interior

Mamas Ride said:
And had it interested me I would have been able to read about it in your "Dash Kit' thread posted 3 days earlier. I'm plenty relaxed, just hate to waste time reading the same things over and over...I look to this site for information, not any social aspect... sorry if I offended by expressing my opinion.
Peace
Enjoy the holidays !!!
Not everyone reads every thread...I don't....so thought I'd show you...did not mean for it to go so of course. Enough said. Happy Holidays.

Enough with the drama, let's see some pics (that includes your shift knob njcx7 :) )

spike blue said:
im getting the dash kid in carbon fiber it looks awesome!!!

Please refrain from puting kids on the dash and properly keep them restrained in their seats. Thank you.

(shady)

KronixKid22 said:
Please refrain from puting kids on the dash and properly keep them restrained in their seats. Thank you.

(shady)

LOL actually i don't have kids im 23 !!!

KronixKid22 said:

(shady)
Too funny!! Hey, post pics when you get your kids on the dash!! hee hee!

spike blue said:
im getting the dash kid in carbon fiber it looks awesome!!!

Spike Blue, please post the pics when you are done as I am interested in doing the same as well. Not sure if going to do the carbon or the wood thing. Cannot wait to see your though.

Mamas Ride said:
Good call !!! I got the parts in but... the trim strips next to the console were a breeze. As for the glovebox and center console disassembly i am in need of help. Anyone with experience please reply...

Did you ever get the glovebox and console handles figured out??? I took a look, and I'm wondering if you have to take the whole glovebox out of the car and somehow remove the front panel (the textured part) off the box first.

jmhumr said:
Did you ever get the glovebox and console handles figured out??? I took a look, and I'm wondering if you have to take the whole glovebox out of the car and somehow remove the front panel (the textured part) off the box first.

Not yet... the manual doesn't come out until mid-January. It does appear that the entire "front" of the glovebox will need to come off, just need to learn of the "trick". Same sort of thing for the center console, I believe the padded part will need to be removed. I'll post pics when complete. The trim strips were quite easy, just start at the rear of the center console and gently pry until you get near the front, at that point they "latch" into the dash.

Mamas Ride said:
Not yet... the manual doesn't come out until mid-January. It does appear that the entire "front" of the glovebox will need to come off, just need to learn of the "trick". Same sort of thing for the center console, I believe the padded part will need to be removed. I'll post pics when complete. The trim strips were quite easy, just start at the rear of the center console and gently pry until you get near the front, at that point they "latch" into the dash.

Got your mitts on the manual yet? :)

Mamas Ride said:

I took the glovebox off to install some wires (thought) - it takes quite a force to come off. Just pull and rip the drivers side end first and beware the damper fixing at the right side.

Last edited:
Dalton said:
I took the glovebox off to install some wires (thought) - it takes quite a force to come off. Just pull and rip the drivers side end first and beware the damper fixing at the left side.

I got the instructions for removing the glovebox from the car but no guidance on how to remove the front (textured part) to install the latch. Also got no help in the center console disassembly. Nice shiny new parts sitting in my toolbox drawer really pissing me off every time I look at them !!! Not to mention a few bucks pissed away as well. If anyone has this info I sure would appreciate the assist... won't be supporting one particular forum sponsor anytime soon, bought these items months ago and just finally got the kiss off last week with the obligatory "it sucks but its the best I can do"(confused)

I upgraded the console trim on my sport. It's definately cake to swap those parts. Sorry, I decided to start there so I can't help with the GB or CC, but has anyone done the door panels just under the "armrest" ? Seems like you have to replace the whole interior door panel. Forget that for $350 a side.

Back