Sport Interior

The only thing I dislike about this car is all the black in the interior. I checked with the guy from onlinemazdaparts.com and here is what he came up with. BTW, refused to pay $140 for a factory shift knob, bought a Razo RA69 and it looks pretty good.

Originally Posted by Mamas Ride
I have a CX-7 Sport and would like to upgrade the interior specifically the brushed aluminum look pieces found in the GT ie glove box release, storage center release, door handles, trim pieces that run down both sides of the center (shift) console. Are these part # available ?

Thanks

Here goes:

GB Handle- EG226409X02 MSRP-64.30 Website-51.44
CC Handle- EG236445YA02 MSRP-37.60 Website-30.08
Front handles
EG2258330A02 MSRP-81.80 Website-65.44
EG2259330A02 MSRP-81.80 Website-65.44
Rear handles
EG227233002 MSRP-39.70 Website-31.76
EG227333002 MSRP-39.70 Website-31.76
Center console trim
RT side EG2264470B MSRP-31.05 Website-24.84
LT side EG226447YB MSRP-30.45 Website-24.36

I would have to order everything.

JMBaggie

Cool, I thought of doing the same thing. I'm interested in pics too.

BTW, are those part numbers for interior door handles or exterior?

Last edited:
jmhumr said:
Cool, I thought of doing the same thing. I'm interested in pics too.

BTW, are those part numbers for interior door handles or exterior?

Interior, I didn't go for them @ $180. I've got another idea in mind. I'm going to look for some of that brushed alum flat stock like they use in the dash kits and cut it to fill the bottom of the "cup" in the interior door handles. Anyone with a line on where to find that material please post it. Probably would only need 1 sq foot of it. I did order the other trim pieces but they were not "in stock" so I'm impatiently waiting...

Did you get those other trim pieces installed yet? I'm definitely gonna follow suit and order the glove box and center console trim if they're easy to install. Problem is, after initial inspection I'm not sure how you'd R&I those parts. So I'll let you be a champ and figure it out and post picks. :p

jmhumr said:
Did you get those other trim pieces installed yet? I'm definitely gonna follow suit and order the glove box and center console trim if they're easy to install. Problem is, after initial inspection I'm not sure how you'd R&I those parts. So I'll let you be a champ and figure it out and post picks. :p

Still waiting for parts...

Are those these the #s for the silver on the GRAND TOURING?
Because I just noticed that my fiancee's ring scratched the passenger side next to the shifter. If so can you posta phone # OR the website where I can get these parts. Thanks

mixmasterlove said:
Are those these the #s for the silver on the GRAND TOURING?
Because I just noticed that my fiancee's ring scratched the passenger side next to the shifter. If so can you posta phone # OR the website where I can get these parts. Thanks

onlinemazdaparts.com Can't even believe UPS screwed up delivery. Sounds like they busted open the package and "lost" part of the order.

jmhumr said:

Good call !!! I got the parts in but... the trim strips next to the console were a breeze. As for the glovebox and center console disassembly i am in need of help. Anyone with experience please reply...

Carbon fiber dash pic....

Here's what a carbon fiber dash kit looks like on a CX 7. This confirms what i thought.....too busy of a pattern. What do you guys think? This one is from autotrim.com On sale for $258 from over $400.

Attachments

• carbon fiber dash cx7.jpg
    carbon fiber dash cx7.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,270
cruzdreamer said:
Here's what a carbon fiber dash kit looks like on a CX 7. This confirms what i thought.....too busy of a pattern. What do you guys think? This one is from autotrim.com On sale for $258 from over $400.

I agree, too busy for my taste.

cruzdreamer said:

Not for nothing, I asked for help regarding an install of items mentioned in earlier in this thread and you come up with some dash kit crap and bury my call for help ? Many I'm sure read this forum and don't find it necessary to include our random thoughts to each and every thread...

Sorry pal....you were talking about doing something with the interior......thought that may interest you too. Have a great holiday and try to relax wasn't intentional!

cruzdreamer said:
Sorry pal....you were talking about doing something with the interior......thought that may interest you too. Have a great holiday and try to relax wasn't intentional!

And had it interested me I would have been able to read about it in your "Dash Kit' thread posted 3 days earlier. I'm plenty relaxed, just hate to waste time reading the same things over and over...I look to this site for information, not any social aspect... sorry if I offended by expressing my opinion.
Peace
Enjoy the holidays !!!

Back