Sport Exhaust

DanMP5

I installed my mazda sport exhaust last night. I have to say it has a good sound to it. The sound inside the car is kinda loud, it will take some time to get use to. Overall, I am pleased with the fit and finish of the exhaust.

I bought a Mazda Sport Exhaust and it's currently in transit to my house via UPS.

From what I have read from previous users is that there is some resonating around 3.5k RPM.

Since my P5 is also my family car, you have me concerned.

Do you have any way of recording the sound inside the car or outside for that matter?

My car is also the family car. I didn't think the Mazda muffler would make too much inboard noise and wanted one. Thanks for telling us, I'll spend the money on tools...

my understanding is that the mazdaspeed exhaust is a tad quieter than mine...I have the bosal....and it doesn't get bothersome to me till you start cruising at 80or more...and we all know that is a no no.....then....if I am alone in the car....I cure that easily with the VOLUME knob on the dash! lol that or roll the windows down if its cool enough....you will never hear the exhaust over the wind noise. :{D

I have no way of recording the sound of the exhaust. I don't know what the bosal exhaust sounds like, I haven't heard it, So I can't compare the sounds. But, if your car is the family hauler I would not recommend the sport exhaust.

danmp5-have you checked to make sure nothing is loose and vibrating...cuz from what i've heard the mazdaspeed exhaust is supposed to be fairly quiet...just a little deeper tone

in reality everyones sensitivity or threshold for sound can and will be different.....before you make up your mind what you want to do.....find someone that has the exhaust on their car and take a ride....then decide.

Case in point....I could easily take a trip in MY car and not have it bother me in the least....however....my wife has already told me that she didn't want a sport exhaust of any kind on HER P-5 as she thought it was too loud in the car at highway speeds for HER taste.....so there ya go....make an informed decision....listen to it first...and a recording will NOT properly represent it either....its one of those " you gotta be there" things.

Last edited:
Can't wait to get mine....It was ordered on may 27, was supposed to get it on june 10, june 17, now they are telling me they should get it by the end of the week.:p

Badvmc said:
Can't wait to get mine....It was ordered on may 27, was supposed to get it on june 10, june 17, now they are telling me they should get it by the end of the week.:p

"CHECKS IN THE MAIL!!" lol

and you're holding your breath too right?

Sir Nuke said:

and you're holding your breath too right?

You got it right Sir Nuke, it's becoming an obsession, thats prety mutch all i can think about....exaust...exaust...exaust...exaust...exaust.........

Hey i love my car!

I should be getting my mazdaspeed exhaust tomorrow June 19th. I will hope to have it installed by Thursday. I will put a bunch of sound clips up when I get it installed for all you to judge. I hope that it meets my expectations. I have a catback on my CRX Si and I love the noise. We shall see.... :D

Badvmc said:

You got it right Sir Nuke, it's becoming an obsession, thats prety mutch all i can think about....exaust...exaust...exaust...exaust...exaust.........

Hey i love my car!

Hey Man! Take a ride to the south shore, they have one in stock in Chambly (450-658-6623).

Red Baron said:

Hey Man! Take a ride to the south shore, they have one in stock in Chambly (450-658-6623).

Thanks Red Baron:D

I will call tomorow morning. I was told today by St-Constant Mazda that i would have to wait until Jully 29 before they would get it.:rolleyes:

A good and a Bad News

The bad news is that i called Chambly Mazda, they don't have the exaust. The guy even told me that the only saw one of those a couple of moonts ago.:(

The good news is that 5 min after i called Chambly, St-Constant called back to tell me that they had received the exaust this morning and that they were sorry about the confusion.

So i picked it up this afternoon, instaled it and now i am a verry verry happy camper:D

It sounds good, it looks good and it's not too loud.

On top of it all, it's verry easy to install, fits perfectly.

Did i say i was a happy camper?

Last edited:
Need Information

Guys I just want to buy the tip for my exhaust but don't know what is the size in order to get one for my car.
Thanks.

Re: A good and a Bad News

Badvmc said:
The bad news is that i called Chambly Mazda, they don't have the exaust. The guy even told me that the only saw one of those a couple of moonts ago.:(

Sorry, I sincerely thought they had one. Maybe what I saw isn't what you were looking for. I'm sure they have the Mazda optionnal part, the one in the leaflet, can't remember the part no.

Glad for you St-Constant called back:cool:

Have fun.

Back