SPOOL vs iONperformance (FMIC & CAI)

cool thanks, so any price matching against this CAI sale from spool???

And i'm looking at the pictures you posted of your CAI from the FMIC thread way back. How does the last part of your CAI hooks up to the compressor??? it looks like it just snakes down and go straight?? or more bend and curves before it gets there??? Also how tight is that cone filter around the chassis???

I got a 03.5 msp so I'm using that "fake brake" duct as a ram air intake and I want to mount a bellmouth to the intake of a CAI when I get one, therefore mounting a CAI+Ram air intake = positve cool intake charge b4 the compressor=less work on compressor=more hp.

Right now my plans are going custom, unless you or spool can persuade me otherwise.

Oh and come on Spool, say something =).

YuYuRena - The pipe from the MAF to the inlet on the compressor is a tuned "s-pipe" portion which reduces interference resonance by the compressor blades. The other portion is almost like a 1/2 "U" which goes down into the fender. Brackets are provided for everything even to relocate your overflow bottle.

Yes there's a $30 discount for getting the CAI upgrade w/ the stage 1 FMIC. Shipping is also cheaper when both are shipped @ the same time.

II-Savy - the parts where the holes are placed are not load-bearing or stress bearing. They're there just to attach one piece to the next.

From the discussion between Spool and iONperformance I have learned some very interesting points

1. Spool hurried to get there product out, but has not completed the project. :(

2. iONperformance is spending a great deal of time on R&D. :)

3. Spool may have a good product, but has not produced the Dynos to prove otherwise. :confused:

4. iONperformance will release the their completed product with many documented tests to back up their claims on the quality and power output. :cool:

So, it seems to me that iONperformance will have there product out first and it will be a much wiser purchase! :D

F10-Spec V said:
From the discussion between Spool and iONperformance I have learned some very interesting points

1. Spool hurried to get there product out, but has not completed the project. :(

Uh oh...this is definitely going to provoke some nasty responses...

F10-Spec V - actually our stage 1 FMIC kits have already started shipping :) Those who also purchased the CAI upgrade will have to wait ~ 1more week for the brackets etc for the CAI upgrade to be done so things can ship at the same time :)

Turbo & High-Tech Performance magazine will be doing a feature article on our stage 1 FMIC install as well as some dyno runs. This should be in the Dec. issue.

Our CAI upgrade as well as Full turbo-back will also be featured in Turbo & High-Tech Performance magazine.

I noticed that the piping from fmic is coming close to the CAI. On a 03.5 MSP would that show through in the "duct"???

I think even if Jesus came down and said it was ok to cut the frame I wouldn't.

MONSTER.........MONSTER GARAGE! :eek:

Yea I'm really not down for cutting the frame. Even though the part that is being cut into might not be load bearing it could make a world of difference in an accident.

Notorious said:
Yea I'm really not down for cutting the frame. Even though the part that is being cut into might not be load bearing it could make a world of difference in an accident.

I would have to agree with that! (2thumbs)

Notorious - if the part that's cut is not load bearing or a crumple zone, there will be no difference. It's like wearing a hat, the purpose of the hat is to keep the sun off your face, so even though golfing hats/visors don't cover the hair portion, it still does it's job.

and I'm not sure someone could look you in the face and say "Nope your all set, you will have no problem ever with this cut".......(nervous)

iON Performance said:
Notorious - if the part that's cut is not load bearing or a crumple zone, there will be no difference. It's like wearing a hat, the purpose of the hat is to keep the sun off your face, so even though golfing hats/visors don't cover the hair portion, it still does it's job.

Wow iON for having godly wisdom you still know how to crack the jokes! GoodJob! (drinks)

II-Savy - the only problem you may run into if you try cutting the hole yourself is you may cut the P/S cooler lines.. these need to be disconnected before the hole on the LHS is cut.

If you've ever taken off the bumper you'll see that there's alot of extra stamped metal there. The places where the holes need to be cut are NOT in areas which bear load in an accident.

The most important piece in a frontal collision is fully in tack w/o any modifcations -> re-bar.

THREADJACK WARNING

*Starts threadjacking* -- I know its offtopic ..but ION when are you getting your site up???...I know a lot of people are waiting to see it *ends threadjacking*

Back