SPOOL Stage3 dyno stats!!!

spoolinmp3

Contributor
We have some dyno stats from the stage 3 kit.
We will scan these shortly and put them up on our site but they look hella good!!

At 6psi our best run was 197.4whp and 204lbs/tq at the wheels.
We will also post the results of the stage 1 dyno on the site as well. Hopefully we can get this done in the upcomming week.
Terry

Yea the stage three is looking like its going to kill the FM kit. Hey how much PSI will stage 3 run and does it have the engine management? How much is the targeted price range on a kit like that?

Stage 3 uses an FMU. Those runs were at 6psi but you can go up to 7 psi depending on fuel, altitude ect. The kit is already available. its 3500 dollars for a complete intercooled kit.

Stage 4 is an engine managment upgrade. This should hopefully propel our kits into the 250whp range

Hey I was talking to the mazda mechanics today at the local dealer. And they were saying that if you got over 200hp on the MP3 the "spider gears" would blow out and so would the clutch and syncro systems. They said the tranny is just to weak to ever reach it. SO IF SOMEONE CAN post a dyno or something if you get over 200whp so I can go laugh at him.:p Hey Spoolin what type of engine management are you thinking about going? Greddy E-manage or what? would it be like a stand alone unit? Thanks. I'm really intrested in the stage 4 kit hehe. Cuz' this summer I should get like 6,000. SO yea. I cant wait to be boosted. Its gonna be like another christmas. I even made a deal with my mazda dealer they said they'd keep all my warrenty if I turboed my MP3 except they would cover the engine internals.

If everything goes well for me next week at the dyno- I should see some good numbers. I'm running a little over 8psi (around 8.3), have full 3 inch exhaust with both Cats bypassed. I'm able to run less rich due to the 101 fuel I've been running.

I'm shooting for the sky but if I'm anywhere near 200 I'll be more than happy.

Also, yes the stage 4 kit will rock everyones world. No one else will be able to compete. By the time my system is complete I'll be about half BEGI and half SPOOL. I'm hoping to be able to get the microtech as soon as it's available. Hey Terry, are you going to be selling injectors with the microtech as an option?

wow! looks like your kit is progressing really nicely!

i just wished your site would load faster! (yawn)

w00t!
Let's see those dyno charts!!!
Also, list the other mods that you needed to get that power (exhaust, etc)

Hopefully we will have the charts up soon, I am just waiting for the stage 1 dyno run so we can have both charts up at the same time.

The car that was just dynoed had a stage 1 kit with the stage 3 intercooler upgrade. All else was stock except for increased piping diameter to 2.5 inch with the stock exhaust and catylitic

wow, i figured those #'s where with your 3" custom exhaust and no cats. Very Impressive.

Hey I was talking to the mazda mechanics today at the local dealer. And they were saying that if you got over 200hp on the MP3 the "spider gears" would blow out and so would the clutch and syncro systems. They said the tranny is just to weak to ever reach it. SO IF SOMEONE CAN post a dyno or something if you get over 200whp

Yes this is not true, however look who your talking too....dealer mechanics. Most of them do not know jack regarding aftermarket stuff. I have had my car for approximatly a year running over 200whp and 200wtq. So yes our trannies can hold the power

Your scaring me Terry with those numbers. I am starting to lean toward your kit. Is there any way if we get your stage one kit we can exchange the cores to the upgraded stuff at a discount price. I don't mean the manifold but things like the intake tube. Stuff that won't get tortured. I just don't want random perfectly fine turbo parts lying around.

You kick ass Terry. That's all that needs to be said.

So if one were to bbbbbuy your stage 1 kit, would anything else bbbbe needed to run modest boost? Say 5psi or so?(cluch upgrade?)

Actually I believe Stage 1 is producing more HP to the wheels than the MSP produces to the crank. Assuming your talking aout the MSP.

i spell the start of some flame action coming on.......stage 4? keep up with stock?

sorry....I honestly wasnt trying to cause trouble...... that comment above was more of a joke.

Last edited:
WhatTurbo? said:
with the stage 4 maybe you will keep up with my car stock.

I know this is just meant to be trolling for a fight, but exactly what kind of car do you have? With 200 HP dyno'd at the wheels and 250WHP for the stage 4 potentially, you'd have to have one smoking car stock to only possibly have spoolin keep up with you. :rolleyes:

I think he said earlier that he has that new srt4 neon, however If I am correct that car has not been realised (correct me if I am wrong) and the production car will most likely not have that 227whp and will be detuned once production models are released. The car is bad ass though. But I doubt it will be able to keep up with a stage 4

Back