Spicey MSP Build underway!!!

Just wondering the basic idea of it.. haha On my klze mx3 It was easier to pull motor and trans..And i know with mods I have on order ill be pulling trans before too long to upgrade everything..ugh! Spend more on trans on these cars than motor.. haha But anyway now that I know the trans can be pulled alone makes it better.. haha

Its not hard at all. I did it by myself with no trans jack. There is a very well written how to on here that goes thru the basic steps. Hardest part is wiggling it off and angling it to clear the frame rail.

Its not hard at all. I did it by myself with no trans jack. There is a very well written how to on here that goes thru the basic steps. Hardest part is wiggling it off and angling it to clear the frame rail.

Better with two guys. On to guide and the other to do push-ups with the trans. It's a prick to get back on due to lining up the splines on the clutch.

Some more pics of the trans going back in
1799073_10152269917435730_2119907582_o.jpg

1796981_10152269913090730_673612923_o.jpg

Finished on the 27th of February and the only visible difference is an MFactory decal, lol. So glad the MSP is back!! Now I'm more tempted than ever to tune for all these parts.

1618190_10152269937815730_1855439267_o.jpg

1780221_10152269937930730_1070825051_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man that was the only way the Mishimoto rad and fan shroud would fit. Plus I shortened the total length from turbo to throttle by like 18 inches which I think helped spool time and throttle response

I'm so jealous of your immaculate engine bay..... One day at a time..... One day at a time lol. Awesome build

Thanks man that was the only way the Mishimoto rad and fan shroud would fit. Plus I shortened the total length from turbo to throttle by like 18 inches which I think helped spool time and throttle response

Stock turbo clocked right? I really want to do this

Stock turbo clocked right? I really want to do this

Yeah had to cause of the big radiator. Pretty strait forward just need huge snap ring pliers and a drill press to drill out new waste gate actuator bracket holes. Or a friend with them ;). There's pics of the clock on page 13

I'm so jealous of your immaculate engine bay..... One day at a time..... One day at a time lol. Awesome build

Thanks yeah this has been a 3 year process to get to this point and I still don't feel finished.

Last edited:
Back