Speed3 Mod Limit Question

Cue

:
Mazda CX-7 2008
Friend of mine just picked up a Speed3 and wants to add a few mods.
CP-E CAI, 3" Catless Midpipe, HKS SSQ BOV, Turbosmart MBC.
Any one here know if he'll run into fuel/boost cuts with this setup?

Cool.... We're ordering this stuff tomorrow. I have a CX7 hitting fuel/boost cut so I put back the stock intercooler and all is good.

its basically the same motor...I do know that the speed3 will fuel cut pretty easily from what I have heard/seen, however I know plenty of speed3s running almost the exact same mod list as you put above without any problems

though, did he buy it new? is it a 2008.5? if it is earlier than that Id recommend looking around about the motor mounts, I believe it was the 08.5s that got the updated mount...the earlier years were having problems with it failing

Last edited:
2008.5... We'll try running at 18psi and see how we do. I'll use my DH to set it. My younger brother has an 08.5 speed3 and the boost curve was worse than my CX7. His speed3 was dropping as low as 9.5psi by 6000rpm (3rd and 4th). My CX-7 rarely ever goes under 11psi.... Anyway, interesting to see and play with the MBC on the speed3.

2008.5... We'll try running at 18psi and see how we do. I'll use my DH to set it. My younger brother has an 08.5 speed3 and the boost curve was worse than my CX7. His speed3 was dropping as low as 9.5psi by 6000rpm (3rd and 4th). My CX-7 rarely ever goes under 11psi.... Anyway, interesting to see and play with the MBC on the speed3.

What kind of transmission does your CX7 have?

The reason the boost drops off considerably, along with power, at the higher 6000 rpms is mainly due to our little turbo, runs out of steam at 5800 or so rpms...Why your CX7 isn't following thatsame track, I just (dunno)

Back