Speed3 exhaust

Toxicxk23

:
2008 Mazda 3
08 Mazda 3i sedan

So I'm looking to put a nice sounding exhaust into my car and I've found that some people put a Speed3 exhaust into it. I've seen videos and the sound is exactly what I want. However, is the exhaust system called Speed3? Is it a Mazdaspeed3 exhaust? Where can I find this system? Is there a specific name? How much would it cost? Is it a bolt on?

Sorry, I just can't find much info on it by myself. TIA

Ok, so I found a 60pg thread on this and I've figured everything out and have to decided to do this. Only thing is, if I delete the 2nd cat and put in a racepipe will I be able to pass a Smog test (I live in CA)?

I am not 100% sure but I don't think you will pass an emissions test. Wait, won't the speed3 exhaust hook up to a mz3s second cat? If not, I am sure that an exhaust shop could combine the 2 systems so that you will have 2 cats. But Cali is a whole other world when it comes to emissions. I am pretty sure that there is a Mazda club in Cali, MOCC (Mazda Owners Club of California) I am sure they could answer any questions you have. Search it on here, or google that s***. Good luck!

I am not 100% sure but I don't think you will pass an emissions test. Wait, won't the speed3 exhaust hook up to a mz3s second cat? If not, I am sure that an exhaust shop could combine the 2 systems so that you will have 2 cats. But Cali is a whole other world when it comes to emissions. I am pretty sure that there is a Mazda club in Cali, MOCC (Mazda Owners Club of California) I am sure they could answer any questions you have. Search it on here, or google that s***. Good luck!

Thanks! After reading that long 60pg thread, I got all my questions answered. Looks like I'm going to have to keep the 2nd CAT on but others have done it and say the sound is still nice. Now only thing left is to find the part! :)

Thanks! After reading that long 60pg thread, I got all my questions answered. Looks like I'm going to have to keep the 2nd CAT on but others have done it and say the sound is still nice. Now only thing left is to find the part! :)

There have been quite a few in the Speed3 for sale thread.

Back