speed shifting !!

It controls the throttle plate. yes. no more closing.
Im running economy mode right now and the LTFTs are perfect. Im still getting boost up to 8psi. But rev limiter kicks in at 4800. *This map is to save gas but it still has just as much power as stock. Im getting like 24.5 mpg. Im gonna run this map til either it warms up or I get upgraded pump internals. The 93+SF is a great map. Pulls like the devil.

It controls the throttle plate. yes. no more closing.
Im running economy mode right now and the LTFTs are perfect. Im still getting boost up to 8psi. But rev limiter kicks in at 4800. *This map is to save gas but it still has just as much power as stock. Im getting like 24.5 mpg. Im gonna run this map til either it warms up or I get upgraded pump internals. The 93+SF is a great map. Pulls like the devil.
makes me wonder what in the world cp-e is thinking when they expect you to pull your ecu out of your car, mail it to them along with hundreds of dollars, so they can permanently reprogram it with who knows what kind of warranty protection...methinks they're a tad cuckoo...

I think it's also called "flat-shifting," basically keeping the turbo spooling as you let the clutch out and in. I was reading a write-up on Edmunds, I think it was, where the Mazda rep actually recommended the flat shift for the fastest acceleration times. Claimed the car is built for it. But I can't remember if they were driving an MS3 or MS6. It would obviously be less stressful to the 3, I would think, since it can transmit excess energy into tirespin...

+1 on the AP. I've been considering one as well, largely because I'm told by an AP guru that it also can control the electronic throttle plate. True?

It was an MS3 and it was taken from a Car and Driver initial test drive, I remember the article. The mazda tech. rep. told them the clutch and drivetrain could take the abuse.

I could never find the issue with the MS6 road test. Makes me wonder what they'd say about the strength of the AWD....

Latest posts

Back