Speed is gone....Should I buy the P5

ForceFed

:
Trailblazer SS AWD ....Still a Mazda Junkie Though.
I have been tossing this around for about three weeks now...I sold my speed and have a local P5 I could pick up right....Should I buy it and build it is the question....Hmmmm?:)

Cellerator said:
go for it and why did you sell the speed?
TO find something more economical to drive on a monthly basis while I am going to school. I basically was trying to eliminate and lower monthly bills.

ForceFed said:
TO find something more economical to drive on a monthly basis while I am going to school. I basically was trying to eliminate and lower monthly bills.
Buy that Geo Metro on Ebay, the one painted in the spirit of "The Dukes of Hazard".

Last edited:
65racecoupe said:
Well, it is cheap, if you don't build it.

A Protege' IS decent man. I will be able to decently hand damn near any car on the road it's ass after the build.
Oh...I'll play...but the intial cost as well as recurring monthly cost to drive it is a lot less...$7500 car vs. $14000 car...Big difference.

If you like protege's yeah but if you didn't like your speed then I'd say find something else.

I would say get the P5. just not an autotragic tranny. Just do not be sad when you realize there is a huge turbo lag, because of the lack of turbo.

yup, although if you're trying to save money on car insurance, I think they still classify our slowtege's as sports cars (I don't know how but they do)

POSEIDON said:
Why would you buy another protege? Good lord man, get something decent.

:'(

I say go for it, as long as you can tolerate the speed difference between the P5 and the MSP. I must be crazy because I can tolerate the performance of my P5 just fine, and having no payments is a plus too :D You can even haul a twin mattress in it!

a 3 would be a nice daily avg car that you could build later. and it's not an FS engine.

you can't find a "practical and econmoical" car that looks and handles as good as a p5. go for it. (thumb)

RaiderMP5 said:
I would say get the P5. just not an autotragic tranny. Just do not be sad when you realize there is a huge turbo lag, because of the lack of turbo.
Lack of turbo....Ha...HA!
Not for long If I get one....Gotta have the boost!

I used to have a P5...I miss it, but now I have an MSP. If I would, I would have kept both...a P5 would be a nice inexpensive dailey...

He has a line on a complete MSP swap for cheap. :D I say get teh P5. Its great looking, and can handle decently out of the box. You got support for aftermarket, and your payments are alot lower. (His reason for selling the speed)

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.

Back