Speed 6 Turbo Seals

24K on a 2006 and I smoke when idle about 5 min

Have a turbo in my living room to put on for that issue

Alright, I don't know why I shouldn't get one yet. But it seems to me that the 2006 models seem to have the problem more. And the ones that have gotten a new turbo, do not have the problem anymore.

Everytime a manufacturer comes out with a new vehicle there are gunna be kinks and bugs, unfortunatley it turned out to be a major bug. However after enough warranty issues they will eventually correct the problem. I work at a chevy dealership for a couple of years, Trailblazers, avalanches, cobalts, and colorados all had bugs and recalls.

So most of the problems came with the older, newly realesed ones, or at least that is what I am seeing. And it is not really a major problem with the newer models.

It appears that there were a huge batch of turbos with bad seals. hopefully i don't have/you won;t get one of them. Only one way to find out

I have an 06 MS6 and had the smoke issue after I put a downpipe. My dealer was awesome enough to do the warranty work to replace the turbo. In the manual it states that after long drives or using or the turbo you should wait 30 secs at idle before shuting off your car to let your turbo cool. I wondering if shutting down early causes some sort of heat stress on our turbo seals.....time will tell.

That's funny because my manual specifically states that the car does not need to idle before shut down. It also states that the car does not need break in and does not need to be warmed up before driving.

'06 MS6 41,000 miles -- no smoke.

That's funny because my manual specifically states that the car does not need to idle before shut down. It also states that the car does not need break in and does not need to be warmed up before driving.

'06 MS6 41,000 miles -- no smoke.

Lol that manual also shows you how not to rally and ramp your car. i thought that was awesome (rlaugh)

NO smoke 07

I have a 07 MS6..I have put on CP-E CAI, HKS SSQV BOV recirc, CP-E duel catback exhaust, CP-E rear motor mount, and SU test pipe...I have 14500km's on it with no oil consumption or smoke...I think the key thing in these cars is proper warm up( don't bag the sh*t out of it when it's cold) and proper cool down...(don't just shut your car off after beating that G35 or a highway run...let it run for 5 mins and cool down properly)...people who race and then just shut the car off no kidding have blown turbo seals....just my 2 cents...

06 ms6, 19000, been smoking for about 6k now. went to one dealership that denied me because i have a test pipe and cat back, so instead of battling back at them i went a couple miles out of the way to another mazda dealer that i always usually go to. i went yesterday and they're going to give me a call today as to the invoice they're sending mazda to fix it. the service rep said people have been supposedly using 5w20, which i wouldn't understand since you'd be a complete moron since it says 5w30 in the manual. he didn't say anything about using or not using synthetic. we'll see how it goes, i'm waiting to fix this smoke so i can get my downpipe finally.

I have a 07 MS6..I have put on CP-E CAI, HKS SSQV BOV recirc, CP-E duel catback exhaust, CP-E rear motor mount, and SU test pipe...I have 14500km's on it with no oil consumption or smoke...I think the key thing in these cars is proper warm up( don't bag the sh*t out of it when it's cold) and proper cool down...(don't just shut your car off after beating that G35 or a highway run...let it run for 5 mins and cool down properly)...people who race and then just shut the car off no kidding have blown turbo seals....just my 2 cents...

From what I've read (in the past) this is mainly an 06 issue. Something that was fixed in the 07's.

Update, I reinstalled the stock exhaust and cat and guess what folks, no smoke what so ever.....

mazda america denied my warranty for modifications, although the dealership is sending me a 1-800 number to call along with my invoice and they said to call them and get it settled better. retarded. if they don't end up warrantying anything i'm just gonna go bigger i guess...

It seems that the second cat masks the smoke from the blown seal issue. The most practical way to find out if there is an issue is to remove from the second cat back and let the car idle for 5-10 mins and see what happens...I am removing my Fujita intake and reinstalling my stock intake and filter and dealing with this issue the right way.

2006 13k miles. early build + 3inch catback.

no smoke

you made a good choice. people tend to be overly negative on the forums

Back