Speaker Polarity

cobra7512

Any one know the speaker wire polarity on the rear speaker? I cut both the wire before checking the polarity when I change the speaker. There is a pink wire and a yellow one and I have no idea which is pos and which is neg. Please if anyone know the answer.

Last edited:
Im going to tell you how to figure out which wire is positive, once you figure out which one is positive, then the other one will be negative. :)

Here are the tools/supplies you will need:
-factory speaker
-about 4" of the factory wiring still attached to the speaker.
-a good AA battery. Must have a good charge.
-a wire stripper tool, or some nice cutters if your good with them splicing wires with them.

Here is what you do:
Step 1: splice the two wires on the cut end of the speaker wire to expose roughly 1/4" of wire.

Step 2: Put one end to the (-) part of the battery.

Step 3: Put the other spliced end to the (+) of the battery.

When you did "Step 3" if the "woofer" on the speaker went "up", then the wire on the (+) of the battery is the (+) side of the woofer. If the "woofer" on the speaker "sucked down" then the wire on the (+) is actually the (-) side of the woofer.

You can repeat "Step 3" as many times as needed till you can tell which way the woofer is going.

My interpretation of what he said is, hes replacing the stock speakers, and still using the stock wiring. so there is no wire attached to the speaker, he'd like to know which wire color is neg and which is +, nothing to do with the speaker (which I believe are marked with + and -)

As far as the wire goes, you won't break the speakers. If you wire it with the reverse polarity, it will simply make the woofer play backwards.
Try it one way and then try it the other way and see which sounds better with the speaker facing you, sorry I don't know which is + and -, I ran my own wires.

My interpretation of what he said is, hes replacing the stock speakers, and still using the stock wiring. so there is no wire attached to the speaker, he'd like to know which wire color is neg and which is +, nothing to do with the speaker (which I believe are marked with + and -)

As far as the wire goes, you won't break the speakers. If you wire it with the reverse polarity, it will simply make the woofer play backwards.
Try it one way and then try it the other way and see which sounds better with the speaker facing you, sorry I don't know which is + and -, I ran my own wires.

ive owned my p5 for just over two months and dont know the polarity of the factory wire colors yet, so I was just trying to help out. I understood they were replacing the factory stock speakers, just trying to help out till others came in here. :)

ive owned my p5 for just over two months and dont know the polarity of the factory wire colors yet, so I was just trying to help out. I understood they were replacing the factory stock speakers, just trying to help out till others came in here. :)

Thanks a lot. Manage to find the wiring diagram. Rear speaker Pink is - yellow/black is +. Front speaker white is - Red is +.

Honestly I'd recommend getting a 4 channel amplifier. Its the most cost effective upgrade you can do. eclipse EA4100 is a nice option, as well as sundown sax 50.4 Both can be found for around $100-$200

Rather easy install, and it'll more than double your system's performance.

There is a much easier way to figure out which is which. If you cut the stock speaker plug off you can plug it back in to the stock speaker you removed and each terminal is labeled pos. and neg.

Back