spark plugs

marteau

my question is
I have a p5 cant I put same spark plugs as the mazdaspeed ?
original is NGK BKR5E-11 and I have 4 spark plugs NGK ZFR6FGP
thx

Why do you have the MSP plugs?
And no, IMO. You're better of with the stock plug. Anyway, I thought the OEM MSP plugs had a different number than what you posted...

OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS OEM PLUGS (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse

Check the NGK website, it has information on which can be used. I agree with Pro5Monkey, best keep with the OEM ones. NGK has copper or platinum, I replaced mine with the NGK platinum and it ran a little smoother - could be just because they were new plugs.

As an interesting side note, the Bosch USA website does not recommend any Bosch plugs for the Mazda Protege - which probably explains why some forum members had issues with Bosch plugs. (If you do a search)

Get the NGK Iridium plugs. 6$ a piece. I've got the SAE bulletin on them showing the benefits too.

hey,

if they are the wrong temp of plugs the car won't run properly you won't get the right spark out of them. They could also be the incorrect length and protrude int othe cylinder too far or not far enough causeing detonation or damage to the piston and sparkplug.

Matt

www.sparkplugs.com

It will give you the correct part numbers for each spark plug that will work with your vehicle. You can buy from there, but I suggest checking at your local auto part stores first to see if they stock or can order the ones you want.

Rockauto: to save you the time if you are searching sparkplugs.com also

NGK Iridium:
BKR5EIX11 - 6.22
IFR5E11 - 10.49

Platinum:
BKR5EGP - 2.28
PFR5G11 - 10.49

NGK V-Power
BKR5E11 - 1.61

Standard
BKR5ES11 - 1.61

.044 Gap - FYI

Acdelco offers a different gap also:

ACDELCO Part # 9
SPARK PLUG .035 GAP {RAPIDFIRE PLUG #25171348} - 5.12

i can vouch for rock auto. just ordered mine a few days ago, got to me super quick, and only like 10 bucks shipped.

Do the NGK V-Power plugs really increase fuel mileage like they say? Does anyone have them? And if so what are your comments on them?

Back