Spark plug boots slipping off coil pack...am I alone?

Weborific

Hi. Sorry to bring this up...but am I the only one having problems with spark plug wires slipping off the tapered shaft of the coil packs? Can't get the damn thing to stay on! Just slips right off.... Anybody?

Hi. Sorry to bring this up...but am I the only one having problems with spark plug wires slipping off the tapered shaft of the coil packs? Can't get the damn thing to stay on! Just slips right off.... Anybody?

One of mine is like that, it doesn't slip off completely but if I push it in all the way it'll slip back off a bit. It's still making good contact so I'm not really worried.

Perhaps you can rough-up the shaft with some sand paper or use a mild glue to keep it in place.

Try cleaning it up and hitting it with a shot of hairspray. Old biker trick for putting new grips on.

Alright, thanks guys! I just bought new NGK plug wires and realized someone tried to install these as there was already dielectric grease inside the boots. Now I normally put the grease myself as well, but this just causes more problems on the coil pack end. I cleaned all the dielectric grease off the coil packs and that end of the wires. I thought about using sandpaper as well. Will definitely get to that soon! I just hate this feeling like they'll just slip off while driving. Couldn't they make them "click" a little better?

Latest posts

Back