Spacers ?

joe944

porschefreak
Contributor
:
2002 mazda protege 5
I am running 205/40/17 tires on Mazda 3 wheels.
Wanted to know about putting spacers on my car to make the tires and wheels flush with the fenders, as well as give the car a broader stance for safety issues.
Don't know much about spacers. Not looking to race the car or anything. Not sure if they are safe for everyday use.
Would also like to know what size I would need if that is something that would work out ?

Many people run spacers everyday, safe as could be. I suggest getting a scale/ruler and bumping it against your tire and looking down from above the fender. This will give you a pretty good idea how big of a spacer you will need. Once you have an idea, PM me. I still have some left over from when I was an AMM, I might just have the size you need.

Many people run spacers everyday, safe as could be. I suggest getting a scale/ruler and bumping it against your tire and looking down from above the fender. This will give you a pretty good idea how big of a spacer you will need. Once you have an idea, PM me. I still have some left over from when I was an AMM, I might just have the size you need.

Cool, Thanks.

just keep in mind that you need to have a certain amount of lug nut thread engagement to the OEM wheel stud. a spacer more than 5-8mm should use a longer wheel stud.

just keep in mind that you need to have a certain amount of lug nut thread engagement to the OEM wheel stud. a spacer more than 5-8mm should use a longer wheel stud.

Whoa ! Never thought of that. Thanks. Guessing 5 mm would be the way to go then. Thanks again.

Many people run my 8mm spacers with the stock studs, but adding extended studs wouldn't be the worst idea, just to be extra safe.

Back