Soot in Tailpipe

Is it normal? its been bothering me a little. im assuming because we run so rich im going to see black soot inside the tail pipe just thought i would get another opinion

Yea, its normal bro.....just as long as u dont start seeing oil back there ;)

...you should see the carbon build up on mine. It leaks to the outside of the muffler.

CitizenPro said:
Yea, its normal bro.....just as long as u dont start seeing oil back there ;)

...you should see the carbon build up on mine. It leaks to the outside of the muffler.

I've found some Nano-polish and 5 minutes will take it off and leave you with an exhaust tip that doesn't look like it's 3 years old.

ya i stuck my finger in the tail pipe "no nasty comments" it was wet, prolly from water escaping the tail pipe and there was black soot covering the inside of the tailpipe

I never noticed it before with my stock muffler but now that I got a big ass tip on my axleback ive noticed it gets pretty dirty in there, but I think its also because of my header. Not ever to the point that it bothers me or that it really needs to be cleaned.

eh im just paranoid i need everything to be perfect with this car for next saturday when the turbo install is deemed complete weither it be the smallest question to the biggest question lol

see the tail pipe in my avatar? That is mine. but now it is like very very sick black. looks like the inside of a chimney.

bumpin_p5 said:
see the tail pipe in my avatar? That is mine. but now it is like very very sick black. looks like the inside of a chimney.

you should clean it bro lol

jeg0024 said:
you should clean it bro lol
I know. I need to clean my whole car. but it seems like it rains every other day. and now I have my intercooler on, with no pipes, i have to cap off the ends before I wash it, when I do. at least til I get the turbo on.

bumpin_p5 said:
I know. I need to clean my whole car. but it seems like it rains every other day. and now I have my intercooler on, with no pipes, i have to cap off the ends before I wash it, when I do. at least til I get the turbo on.

Duct Tape works wonders for the end caps. and lucky you for rain, i'd give anything to wash the salt bath on my car if it werent so freaking cold out right now -4 degrees

Matthew1785 said:
Duct Tape works wonders for the end caps. and lucky you for rain, i'd give anything to wash the salt bath on my car if it werent so freaking cold out right now -4 degrees
now that is just ghetto. I think ill put a short piece of pipe on each side and use duct tape, where no one can see it. lol.

I dunno, I never cared about my stock exhaust, but with my new exhaust all I do is take some mothers mag/aluminum polish and a rag to it every few months and its fine, never gets bad though to begin with

bumpin_p5 said:
now that is just ghetto. I think ill put a short piece of pipe on each side and use duct tape, where no one can see it. lol.

its just duct-taped for now till the turbo goes on this coming weekend no one can even see the duct tape

balanced intercoolers ftw

Back