Something I noticed

MTV

:
2002 Proteg 5
As I was looking at my car today I noticed something funny about my drop. I noticed the rear passenger side has less wheel gap than all the rest. I was able to fit two fingers in every other wheel except that one. Barely noticeable but it's there. So I began to wonder why??

The only thing I was able to think of was that it's because the jack is located above the wheel. But that shouldn't cause that since it isn't very heavy.

What is the reason behind this? Could something be wrong with the spring? Oh and by the way I''m reppin H&Rs...

Thanks for any input,

Matt

The rear spring has probably come out of the rubber seat on one of them..

Yup, thats what I noticed. That makes that much of a difference? Is this bad for the spring? Is it an easy fix or do I need a new rubber piece??

matt

Pavement variations?

Since I'll be changing my suspension soon, I have been measuring the wheel gap at each corner every time I park--sometimes the gap varies by 1/2" for a given wheel. This might affect your measurements as well.

No , I made sure I was on flat ground so that every wheel would be the same. It's for sure the Rubber bushing, I'm gonna order a new one tomorrow.

Matt

Back