someone please help

jsmayda

:
04 Mazda 3i
I have a mazda 3i 4 door 5spd. I have a loud clunk coming from either the motor mount or the front passenger side suspension. It happens when I brake hard or accelerate hard mainly between gears. I have driven manuals almost all my life. But also under light acceleration in the rain it wheel hops and will beat the car up. The dealership calls it axle whind up? And I drive too hard. They dont want to look into it. The dealership is on my s*** list.

Anyone having the same problem????????????

Thanks

Jeff

try another dealer...
as for the wheel hop...
I think your stuck with that. You have to learn to control it!

just wondering wouldn't different tires fix that. I have the same problem just bought mine 2 weeks ago. But first time it lost traction accelerating hard around a turn it scared me at first. Made a very loud thumping noise from passenger front side.

Not a whole lot you can do about it except for some clutch and throttle modulation. I'm told that soft motor mounts are to blame for this....it's the worst wheel-hopping car I've ever owned. Different tires don't help..I'm running 225/45/17. I'm sure the guys that have lowered and sprung their 3s are experiencing less of this.

well...my 3 does the "clump" sound when I took off at slows speed from parking. As if the calipers were stuck and then un-stuck. Does this same noise when shifting from reverse to drive and accelerating...Don't know...

PRBOY3

Not sure if there are aftermarket motor mounts out for the 3, but that would solve your wheel hop problem. I got a single front motor mount for my MSP, and it made a big difference.

Back