some questions

alexelie

:
protege5 red
hi, i know someone that his brother bought a msp and he said his brother put the psi to 10 with a manual boost controller without any kind of tuning....i know its really bad but what kind of problem can happen?blown engine...probably. Even if he had a tune, would he need like a downpipe at least to put the psi at 10?

also, if you go to a tuning shop, can the guy there tune your car over the original map without any em...or you need to buy one? i now there is cobb accessport for the speed3 what is available for the msp? so the question is can you get a tune without any EM? What is the cheapest one?

Split Second AFC is the cheapest and works really great, that dude will pop his motor in no time without a tune and supporting mods, tell him to turn the boost down cause i'm sure he doesn't wanna join the zoom zoom boom club.

yeah to tune he would need a controller, most guys on here run haltechs(?) on theirs or something similar.....

no the cobb ap can not be used on the msp

and yes he has a big chance of going zoom zoom BOOM

thats what i thought. Some people just do things on their car without knowing their car properly or cars in general. I know that with a subaru sti, if you buy a catless downpipe or a TBE or even an intake, you absolutely need a tune...is it the same thing with any turbo car? another question, how can a boost controller help the car? i heard it can keep the boost at his peak point for longr and reduce lag...maybe it was not boost controller.

thank you

All a boost controller does is control the amount of pressure created by the turbo. more in detail it tricks the wast gate actuator into thinking there is less Pressure in the Vac lines.

If he is running 10psi on everything stock, then ZOOMZOOMBOOM! is sure to come. But you can run 10 PSI safely with EVERY supporting mod you can mainly get. But there is still a risk of it popping. Best bet is not mess with boost that much, Get All upgrades you can get, build the motor, get a bigger turbo, and run a standalone :)

Back