Solution + verification: Rear wiper motor dead

Weborific

Hi! I had a problem I see is common. My rear wiper turned VERY slowly one day and didn't work at all the next. Dealer wanted $300 plus taxes for a new motor. The motor would not have helped since (as it turned out) my shaft was seized. Taking things apart to inspect the motor wasn't a problem. Putting things back WAS. I decided to take everything apart, take some pics and write a guide to help anybody with the same problem. HOPE IT HELPS!! Just download the Word document. GOOD LUCK!

PS: I will also post this in the HOW-TO section. But I see many people look here first (as do I).

Also, this really isn't specific to the P5. Anybody can test their wiper motor this way....

Attachments

• Wiper2.doc
    316.5 KB · Views: 282
Um... I don't have permission to post this to the HOW-TO section. I'd rather have this thread in BOTH of these forums if possible. Thanks.

you realize it would've been a lot easier to fold the back seats down (so you can get in/out), then close the hatch once you got the trim panel removed to mess with the motor right?

Not really an option due to all the winter crap I've got in my trunk plus all the tools and tiny screws. Not to mention a lack of light with the hatch door closed... But yeah, I guess it's possible.

just what I was looking for. Thanks.

*update* I converted this to a PDF document, let me know if you want a copy.

Back