sold my protege....

jbiird317

:
07 MS3-GT
Well, to make way for the Mazdaspeed3 I have coming my way hopefully by the end of this month, I sold my 2000 ES yesterday. The dealer offered me $2000 for a trade in, so i went with private party, sold the car for $4800 with the wheels and stereo. It was so sad to see her be driven away, but its going to a 18yr old kid who goes to school near my house, so I guess I'll still see it around.

In the interim of not having a car, I am now driving a friends 1995 PURPLE Nissan 200sx and after my sister goes back to school, her 2006 mazda3.

Anyway, here is a little progression of my car (pics of the day i sold it will be uploaded tomorrow)

stock:
before3.jpg

new wheels, clear corners, tail lights, and tint:
after3.jpg

after8.jpg

team.jpg

upgraded stereo (w/ ipod):
carinterior.jpg

lowered on tokico HP and tein S-techs, custom fiberglass grill (for sale soon), exhaust, RB bar:
low3.jpg

may0614.JPG

may0619.JPG

may0620.JPG

this shot is by far my favorite
may0622.JPG

thanks for looking...comments welcome, i know that i will certainly miss her (sad2)

Sorry to hear for the loss but look what you are gaining. It will be a good upgrade. And thank you again for the good deal on the delsing brackets.

Quite a car, sad to see it go. Hopefulyl the new owner will take care of it and become an active member in this community.

Quite a gain though, best of luck with the new purchase!

sorry to hear it but you will still be in the mazda familia!!! at least you didn't down grade to a civic!!!!

ha thanks guys, and yes im def upgrading from the protege, i still wish i couldve afforded to keep her as a project car... oh well, i guess i'll just have to mod the ms3 instead....lol

you're on the road for a greater good man. We had red Mazdaspeed3 yesterday at the dealer where we have our weekly tuesday meets and wow Im amazed by the ms3. Seats are so comfortable! 1st thing that I would do to that car would be getting an FMIC for it, because that front bumper is just hungry for it, heh.

P.S.

At least you're still staying in the mazda family man!!!

Sad to see a Pro go, but glad to see that you're staying within the family and community by getting yourself the MS3. Be sure to tell me what its like to have some turbo under that hood. I still have turbo dreams for the future....... Congrats on the new ride though!!

steve_protege said:
Sad to see a Pro go, but glad to see that you're staying within the family and community by getting yourself the MS3. Be sure to tell me what its like to have some turbo under that hood. I still have turbo dreams for the future....... Congrats on the new ride though!!

haha yeah i cant wait to get the new car, basicly cuz i really wanted a turbo (well anything faster really, but turbos are fun). I thought about going the turbo route on the pro, but decided that it was probly gonna be close to $6k that I would never get back and it would be a better investment to buy something new. Desperately wanted to keep this one as a project, but i dont really have the budget yet since im just out of college... the pro was a great car and i really loved it but im dying to get in my ms3 and tear past a few proteges haha jk

also, last piece of my car thats for sale is here http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123646262

Back