Soda Spill

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

So, I knew this was bound to happen, but I was hoping that it wouldn't be this soon! I ended up taking a can of Mountain Dew with me, and ran into a situation where I had to brake hard. As a result, I had Soda that spilled in the area of the nob on the center console. There is some in the buttons as well. I did my best to spray Interior cleaner in that area, and in the cracks where it spilled. I can hear it sticking a little, but I am afraid it's going to get worse. How would I possibly fix this? Has anyone else had this happen?

I would imagine replacing that area (if possible), would cost a fortune!

Ugh, I am so disgusted with myself!

Put it this way, you either try cleaning it or buy new so you don’t have much in the way of options. That switch comes off quite easily so you could try panel wipe as isk has suggested or even warm soapy water if you turn it upside down and use a small paint brush.

I AM NOT ADVOCATING THAT YOU DO THIS! BUT!...

I once had a computer mouse in college that endured a lot of spilled food and food on hands, etc. and the contacts where the buttons interfaces began getting very wonky.

As a last-ditch move, I took synthatic-safe gun-scrubber and hosed the s*** out of it. It completely fixed it.

Again, I would never advise someone to do something with expensive equipment that I did not know to factually be a good idea, but that's my only story "saving" electronics.

I have had the same problem OP has, already thrice. Reason: small children. The URL works wonders. However, if $ is not a factor - then MAF cleaner is even better. Its even faster dry coupled with having slightly more viscosity allowing it to reach cracks better. In some cases, 2 to 3 sprays are required.

I have used windex on stuck or sticking buttons before with perfect results.

Back