socal fires

it sounds like they're doing a good job evacuating people, so hopefully yeah. i mean, evacuating between the 56 and 78, from the 15 to the 5 is a HUGE amount.

My parents live in Escondido. They left earlier this morning but it sounds like their place is ok for now. They got the call early this morning through the reverse 911 system.

my brother in law is a fighter for escondido fd. he said it was chaos and way more dangerous than the 03 fires.

l live in Mira Mesa west of I-15. We are all packed and ready to go if asked to evacuate. We will surely be affected if the santa ana wind don't let up in the next 6-8 hours.

It looks really bad from what I've seen on the news. I hope everyone is safe. I've been through fires here, it really sucks, especially when you have a 3 year old barfing up from all the confusion that goes along with it. At least with a hurricane you have some notice. Mother Nature at work.

My parents live in Escondido. They left earlier this morning but it sounds like their place is ok for now. They got the call early this morning through the reverse 911 system.

mine, too. they're not evacuated yet, but they've got their stuff packed and ready to go.

the 15 is closed from the 56 to 79S, that's like a 40 mile stretch. holy shiat, this is nuts.

PA210500.jpg

around 7 am
PA210501.jpg

10am
PA210501.jpg

PA210504.jpg

PA210503.jpg

p5 is ashy =(

Yep - when there were some smaller fires pre-03, I remember having ash on EVERYTHING! Yuck.

And if you have respiratory issues or asthma - make sure you have your inhaler with you. One of my friends out there, her asthma was horrible with all of the smoke...

here's a comparison shot of the air quality in temecula. the first one was taken yesterday, the second one was taken a few minutes ago. you can see how crappy it was yesterday. honestly, i don't know how it got better today, but i'll take it, although the winds are supposed to get worse and it's supposed to be hotter.

yesterday about 10am
Compare%20-%201.jpg

today about 10am
Compare%20-%202.jpg

yeah, you're getting everything blown your way. it looks like a normal day right now. except for the crazy wind.

i'd wash that off asap, too.

yeah my p5 is covered in ash. its getting a full detail when all of this is over.
the air quality in my area hasnt improved at all, were getting the smoke now from the valley center fire...

Yeah I'm going to get it washed later tonight. The car was freshly waxed about a week ago. Hopefully that will provide some protection.

yeah, you're getting everything blown your way. it looks like a normal day right now. except for the crazy wind.

i'd wash that off asap, too.

Wow....you guys are going through hell. I have family that lives in Fontana, not sure how bd it is there, but I remember earlier this year when Georgia and Florida got hit with fires, it happened shortly after my wedding and we had to drive to Florida for our honeymoon....that was a story in itself going through that smoke filled air....

I feel for you guys bigtime. We (Florida) have got it pretty bad before, but nothing compared to CA. Hang tight!

Dang my car is nasty looking. I cant open my door without all this ash coming inside the cabin.

Back