So who is serious

Serious Contender

After test driving a Mazda3 S I was quite impressed, and would have to say it's a serious contender.

That said, whether I want one now or not I'll have to wait about a year before I can afford one, and if saving money is something you're interested in, it would be well for all of you guys to wait as well!

This isn't intended to talk people out of something they're interested in, but when a new car is released it always carries a premium price tag. Numbers are limited in terms of availability, there's increased excitement over something brand new-- All of these factors make for dealers demanding (and getting) top dollar; even MSRP (which I'd never pay for a car, ever).

Then there's also the slightly higher risk of problems from a first run car, and we don't yet know how reliable it will be because not enough time has elapsed to secure such data. That takes time. I do expect the Mazda3 to be reasonably reliable, but there's no way to know for sure until we've seen it out in the real world. I beleive Ford's hand in its design bears caution, that said.

So except for the novelty of being one of the first to own such a car, it makes financial and practical sense to wait, that's all I'm saying.

Anyway, if in a year's time I decide to go for a 3, I expect I'll be able to get one for around $4000 less (U.S.) than what people are having to pay today. That's money for mods... or any number of other things!

Sorry, I could not wait for B/D (July). So I decided on christmas. 600 miles and climbing.

Latest posts

Back