So What Does It Mean?

Krazee

Contributor
:
'04 Mazda 3
SO I am on my way to work today driving on the highway. Then a car coming from the opposite way flashes his brights three times. I have never seem this happen here if all my years driving but it is common practice in Europe. So anyone know what does it mean when a car driving the opposite way flashes their brights?

it usually means a cop is up ahead the driver is warning you to slow down so you wont get pulled over.The cop is prob trying to be a sneaky **** and hide

Up in WI it could mean there are deer up ahead too..

I get it all the time cause my HIDs are bright as **** and these country folk think I have my brights on..

In Europe it is normally done from people behind you cause they are letting you know they are going to pass. Flash to pass.

Happens more often than you think. Like B mentioned, deer, cops, and yes people pissed with your hids.

The MS3 has a Halogen High beam... when the lights are flashed with the HIDs on, the foglights turn off and the halogen highs turn on while the low beam HIDs stay on. I presume this is so there is not a complete symphony of lights flashing on towards other drivers. This is also 90% of the reason I got Luminics Halogen yellow fogs instead of 3000k HIDs.

Oh you mean is it bad for the HID? No I don't think so. It must be designed to work that way otherwise they wouldn't make H4 or whatever HID bulbs.

Back