So I was trying to Install the corksport test pipe andwhoops!!

jflash

:
07 speed3
So I was trying to Install the corksport test pipe andwhoops!!

So yesterday I installed the corksport test pipe. But when I was taking out the stock cat one of the bolts from the cat to the down pipe snapped off. When I finally got the broken piece out, the nut weleded to the backside of the downpipe broke off too.

I'm sure I'm not the only person this has happened to. So I was wondering what you guys did to fix the situation? I had to go buy a bolt, washers and nuts big enough to fill the hole. I kind feel like it's ghetto but I really didn't know what else to do after fighting with it for 4 hours.

So yesterday I installed the corksport test pipe. But when I was taking out the stock cat one of the bolts from the cat to the down pipe snapped off. When I finally got the broken piece out, the nut weleded to the backside of the downpipe broke off too.

I'm sure I'm not the only person this has happened to. So I was wondering what you guys did to fix the situation? I had to go buy a bolt, washers and nuts big enough to fill the hole. I kind feel like it's ghetto but I really didn't know what else to do after fighting with it for 4 hours.

It snapped off while you were trying to loosen it? I've heard of people rounding off the nuts for trying so long, but never heard of a bolt breaking, lol. You must be jacked man. It sounds like you took care of it. Who cares if it's ghetto? Will anyone be seeing it? lol, no. As long as it holds the test pipe in place with no leaks, job well done.

Ya it broke while I was unscrewing it. It threads are unnecessarily about an inch too long. It was about half way out when it snapped off. They were pretty rusted so that didn't help any.

Back