so i just put 100% Synchromesh in my tranny...

Ive heard that it does well in the g15 tranny. I think you might need to change the fluid sooner than the normal interval tho, maybe? I think it breaks down more quickly because it uses special modifers to ease the synchros & gears into place. But when all of those modifiers are broken/used up then the fluid doesn't protect the same as a normal gear oil.

I'm not 100% sure about that, tho...

I'll be happy to do it yearly, it takes 10 minutes. I drove a bit today, it feels great.

It's a GM fluid for manual tranny's. I'd been having issues getting into gear; part of it was the clutch, which I replaced, but sometimes the shifter was balky, and the synchromesh seems to get the best overall feedback here. So far, it feels great, but it's only been a day.

It's a GM fluid for manual tranny's. I'd been having issues getting into gear; part of it was the clutch, which I replaced, but sometimes the shifter was balky, and the synchromesh seems to get the best overall feedback here. So far, it feels great, but it's only been a day.

I use redline MT90, 75w90 syn gear oil. A lot of guys on here do. It's good stuff , as well.

It definitely feels better. I can shift into 1st at a higher speed than before, it's less balky going between 1st/2nd/3rd.

Back