So Conflicted

Air space required was .5-.65 cubic feet. I'm sure there was that much. Not sure what series. 2 ohm 1600 watt. Amp is 1500 watt at 1 ohm, so I guess its prob about 1000+ at 2ohm. Its plenty of power. Not sure exactly what u had in mind, but there's not much room back there.

Air space required was .5-.65 cubic feet. I'm sure there was that much. Not sure what series. 2 ohm 1600 watt. Amp is 1500 watt at 1 ohm, so I guess its prob about 1000+ at 2ohm. Its plenty of power. Not sure exactly what u had in mind, but there's not much room back there.

Cool, thanks for the info. I just measured mine again in the back- the spare is about 14.25" in diameter inside the wheel, and there's 4 inches from the inside of bolt head (not the lip of the bolt, that adds another 1/8") to the bottom of the plastic tray, and 4.75" from the hold down flange to the tray. Splitting the difference, and assuming that wall buildup takes up a minimal amount of room, a 14" inside diameter box 4.5" high would net you a box volume right at 0.4 cubic feet. Pioneer's specs list the latest 12" flat at 0.099 cubic feet of driver displacement, so I assume that you're sitting at about 0.3 cubic feet of box space for that driver- not counting baffle volume and all the other assumptions.

I wanted to replace the package tray and extend a box down into the spare tire well while still keeping the spare in place. That package tray takes up around 1400 cubic inches above the spare but still below the floor, not counting the "wings" that stick out at the edges. The extra 1.75" under the tray but outside the spare tire gives you roughly another 294 cubic inches- so in total, if my rough measurements are right- there could be enough room down there for an enclosure between about 1.2 and 1.4 cubic feet, depending on how you build it and how you use the space. Maybe once you take away the thickness of wood and fiberglass you'd have about 1.0, but that's still enough to run a 12" sealed or a good 10" ported. WAY more complex and time consuming than what you built though.

:)

I'd be willing to do it in my own 5, but not mass produced. Especially since I'm a fiberglass n00b. :(

I replaced the bolt with a standard one that doesn't stick up. There was only about 1/4" clearence between the box and speaker. However much volume us in There, the speaker is happy.

Back