Snow Tires

I use 195/65/14 sympherit winter grip snow tires from discount tire.com. Total price was $425, mounted, balanced, shipped and extended warranty on 14 inch steelie's. They did a great job last winter with all the snow we got up here in new england. They do okay on the dry pavment, too. Have to take-it easy on snow tires becasue they are soft and wear fast.......

here is a link.....

Symperit Winter Grip snow tires

-R

ottawaP5 said:
Michelin Arctic Alpin all the way! They might be expensive but they are amazing! I'm picking up a set of 14's for my P5 soon.

i have those...great tires, but i've only lasted me 2 seasons...i'm going to have to replace them this winter :mad:

Local Mazda dealer here sells 14" with tires for around $500 Canadian. I was told they are the same rims as they use on the MPV Minivan

man i need to buy snow tires and rims now for my car because my truck died over the summer. looks like i'm stuck driving my mp3 in the winter.

anyone have toyo tires?

Also, i've asked the dealer about 14's, they told me my handling would suffer a lot. How bad can it be?

QUOTE]Originally posted by ottawaP5
anyone have toyo tires?

Also, i've asked the dealer about 14's, they told me my handling would suffer a lot. How bad can it be?
[/QUOTE]

thats BS the only difference is that you won't feel all the bumps as much due to the increased size of the tire wall. the only thing that is soem what of a problem is that the car will sit lower then the stock 16

here is a pic of the snow tires

IMG_1734-1.jpg

i've done 160KPH on these michilen alpine tires with no problems (well other then going bald on me in 2 seasons)

The dealer's not all wrong.
Put 14" snow tires with a tall and floppy sidewall and your car will be way less responsive to initial steering input. The tires have to kind load up before you start to turn.
It's actually kinda fun for a while...

Back