Snow Rims and Tires?

I'm stupid because my dealer told me I could put 16's on my ms6 and that I read differently on here and wanted 100% clarification on the subject before I went out and wasted my money on tires and rims I wouldn't be able to use ?
Interesting theory on stupidity.

There's nothing wrong with wanting clarification on a topic, but seriously, it was just answered. I'm now trying to ask about 215/55/17's and your sidetracking the thread by asking the same question.

I did a little more research and the 215/55/17 should have no problem fitting. There is a slight speedometer difference of less than 3 km/h when going to this size.

Will these clear the brakes?
I know the factory offset is something like 55-60 b/c of the brakes.

Heres the specs on Enkei's site:
http://enkei.com/Performance specs/rsv.html

Looking to sell the wheels off my Cavalier. They are 17"x7 Enkei RSV bronze.

5x100 and 5x114.3 bolt pattern, 42mm offset. Fits Neon, Cavalier, Toyotas, a whole bunch of s***.

Wheels are in flawless condition, no curb rash, no dings, no scratches. Center caps are a little discolored from some wheel cleaner but did not damage the wheel. Also comes with the hub centric rings and lugs with the goofy socket.

Has Falken Ziex ZE512 215/45-17 tires with maybe 50-60% tread left.

Can get more pics upon request.

Package ran me $900 in April, looking for $600.

What they look like:

matt2.jpg

Talk to me.

Last edited:
A 42 offset will Rub...

you will be required to roll the fenders in the rear to fit those.

A 48 - 55+ offset is safe

A 42 offset will Rub...

you will be required to roll the fenders in the rear to fit those.

A 48 - 55+ offset is safe
Thanks! Crap, those are dirt cheap too. Oh well. Gues I'll have to pony up and find some Mazda or steelies somewhere out there. I refuse to pay $235 for snow tires lol

Well, with all the snow we've been getting up here, tires have been selling out quickly. I couldn't find a 215/50/17 so I got some 215/45/17's. Now the only problem is finding some 17" rims to fit these.

Blizzak's were 103 each and the rims were 93 each with free mounting and balancing, so not cheap but alot cheaper than what all the local shops around here are charging.

IMO, good move. Great tires. I have a friend in Minneapolis who swears by the Blizzak. Your winter rims are gonna take a beating. No sense putting a lot of cash into them.

I just got my 17" steelies and Dunlop Graspic tires (215/45/17) installed on Friday and all I can say is WOW! The car is a beast in the snow. I can slam on the brakes in the snow, take a corner with speed and the thing just sticks to the road. I had these tires on one of my older cars and I loved them. This is the first awd car I have ever owned or driven and I'm hooked.

Just got some Cooper ZPT's mounted and balanced for $115USD

Ran out of time shopping around. Got stuck in driveway Friday night. Bald OE P-Zero's FTL

I just got my 17" steelies and Dunlop Graspic tires (215/45/17) installed on Friday and all I can say is WOW! The car is a beast in the snow. I can slam on the brakes in the snow, take a corner with speed and the thing just sticks to the road. I had these tires on one of my older cars and I loved them. This is the first awd car I have ever owned or driven and I'm hooked.
Glad to hear you got your winter tires sorted out - take care ! (drinks)

I'm in Ottawa too, and I just got the MS6, so I don't think I can afford winters this year. I think the Dunlop all seasons will be good for this year until I get a winter set for next year.

Back