Snap!

:
CX-5, 2.2 Diesel, 2013
Grrr

Same thing happened to Chris Top Her, will have to look at billet as there is a heap of tension on these puppies

E24E279B-1483-4C07-BF85-3A4982F444BB.jpg~original

Ouch... closest thing to that I have seen is when my wife hit a bottle jack on freeway @ ~105 km/h with the G35x back in early October. It also cracked the welds on engine subframe as well.

Right, another poorly developed product from CorkSport. I would never buy anything from those guys!

I wouldn't say that at all mate, I'm using the sway bar on the setting they tell you not to, I have the tension cranked right up and the brackets are taking some abuse that were never designed to.

Corksport are great and I have nothing but good experiences dealing with them for more than a decade.

Right, another poorly developed product from CorkSport. I would never buy anything from those guys!

Sorry to tell you, but car parts are not always 100% plug and play; especially when you factor other modifications into the mix. It's not uncommon to use parts for other cars or modify them to fit. I guess that's not obvious as it seems. The provided bracket (energy suspension) is a standard OEM type you find at auto zone, etc. The difference is, our cars are lowered (the biggest factor here)/stiffer suspension etc so the bar is under way more tension on the second setting. You need stronger brackets for these applications. People with stock ride height do not need a $100 set of brackets unnecessarily driving up the price. There is a reason why there is a market for these types of (hotchkiss) brackets, lateral locks, etc...

I wouldn't say that at all mate, I'm using the sway bar on the setting they tell you not to, I have the tension cranked right up and the brackets are taking some abuse that were never designed to.

Corksport are great and I have nothing but good experiences dealing with them for more than a decade.

Also, that bar does not look well greased AT ALL; actually I don't see any grease really, not even pushed up against the inside collar. No grease will increase stress/vertical movement on the bracket and link ball joint. That bar, and the bushing should be slathered with heavy multipurpose lithium type grease before they are put on (if it's not messy it's not enough lol), even after months the grease will still be there. I see dry crud on the bar, not a good sign. Something like this, cheap at the local auto store. Multi Purpose type, not "Super white"
51dZUAZtwuL.jpg

This is the bracket I use Hotchkiss part no. 23291063 Style B 1 1/16 in (28mm bar) http://www.hotchkis.net/heavy_duty_billet_sway_bar_bushing_brackets2.html You can find them on ebay too under the same #.

Last edited:
CHUNKIER BRACKETS NOW FITTED, CAR BACK TO NORMAL THANK GOD

oN INSPECTION BOTH OF THE SUPPLIED BRACKETS WERE BUGGERED, ONE SNAPPED AND THE OTHE RHAD A CRACK IN SAME PLACE AND WOUDL HAVE SNAPPED IF LEFT.

CHUNKIER BRACKETS NOW FITTED, CAR BACK TO NORMAL THANK GOD

oN INSPECTION BOTH OF THE SUPPLIED BRACKETS WERE BUGGERED, ONE SNAPPED AND THE OTHE RHAD A CRACK IN SAME PLACE AND WOUDL HAVE SNAPPED IF LEFT.

Due to its shiny yellowish color and the texture of broken piece it looks like very flimsy alloy of some sort.

Almost designated to break at the bend point.

It's probably just galvanized(yellow color), to don't rust. The material, is just a plain steel.

Due to its shiny yellowish color and the texture of broken piece it looks like very flimsy alloy of some sort.

Almost designated to break at the bend point.

The yellow color is just a zinc chromate plating for corrosion resistance. The part itself is mild steel. I agree the part is poorly designed and could have been stamped from a heavier gauge steel. The cast/machined aluminum versions are over-kill. This part should cost under $20 stamped from heavier steel..

Back