Smart Key and Trip Computer

It would have to be a non-nav

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing. On the right of the nav screen I click Info to scroll through the trip computer (see AUX1). Also you can see that I have the option to choose AUX1 (iPod) or SAT (Sirius). I didn't purchase any additional hardware for this functionality.

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 260
I need to look at a 2009 without the navigation system. All of the navigation systems have the trip computer in them already. It was found on the mazda 3 that with some button pushing you could enable this feature on the sport model threes, while the grand-touring already had this functionality.

Does anyone know how to switch the CX9 trip computer from metric to Imperial? I just picked my my new 09 CX9 today and can't find thos in the manual. I live in metric counntry (Canada) but I am still a MPG kind of guy. The Nav is simple, a toggle in the settings but I can't find anything for the trip computer. I can't believe Mazda makes totally different modules for the US and Canada. I asked the dealer but he has no clue. Any ideas>

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing. On the right of the nav screen I click Info to scroll through the trip computer (see AUX1). Also you can see that I have the option to choose AUX1 (iPod) or SAT (Sirius). I didn't purchase any additional hardware for this functionality.

photo.jpg

I guess the info button is the key. Aussies reported they also have a trip computer function and they also have an INFO button.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/gallery/?album=1&gallery=128&image=1199

Interesting to see the 09 model (assuming yours is 09), the buttons are a mirror image (almost). My 08 radio seek buttons are on the right, whereas yours is on the left. That and also the inputs for AUX, SAT etc are dedicated buttons. And I'm missing the info button.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to switch the CX9 trip computer from metric to Imperial? I just picked my my new 09 CX9 today and can't find thos in the manual. I live in metric counntry (Canada) but I am still a MPG kind of guy. The Nav is simple, a toggle in the settings but I can't find anything for the trip computer. I can't believe Mazda makes totally different modules for the US and Canada. I asked the dealer but he has no clue. Any ideas>

I don't believe it's possible to do this on your own.

Many people have asked and I don't recall any solutions. Either it cannot be done or the dealer has to reprogram the control module.

Pretty sad for a high end cross over

Just went for a ride in my sisters low end Impala, trip computer is standard AND a simple push button on the dash and all instuments (speedo/ odometer and trip computer functions change from metric to US). Oh this is a 2007 Impala btw. Wish I had checked this before I signed the contract. My 1986 New Yorker had this basic functionality. It is a royal pain when we spend 6 months of the year in the US. Even more confusing the Nav does allow the user to change bank and forth so now you have guidance in miles and a trip computer in liters/ kilometers, nice!

So what does a trip computer tell you that is so critical that not having it would be a deal breaker?

And why does everyone seem to buy cars without knowing what features they have, especially ones that are that important to you?

So what does a trip computer tell you that is so critical that not having it would be a deal breaker?

And why does everyone seem to buy cars without knowing what features they have, especially ones that are that important to you?

In my case, we bought the car on the basis of other criteria (7 seats, SUV frame, AWD, etc.). A trip computer didn't enter into our decision making.

However, it pisses me off that on the GT trim on my '07, I don't have a trip computer! My '04 Audi A4 has one, and I love it. I like to know how long I've been driving, what my average mileage is, and how long I can drive before I run out of gas.

This lack of a trip computer is not a deal breaker, but since I don't have one, they only thing I can do is b**** and moan. So, naturally, I'm bitching and moaning. Mazda dropped the ball on this thing if you ask me.

Back