Smart City Brake Support

:
Honda Prelude 2001
How does this system work? will this prevent my car from rolling forward and hitting a car?

I was just rear ended by a new audi q5 so i would assumed audi would have similar system, so i'm not sure if i understand how these system work. I feel like if i didn't step on the break i would rear end the car in front of me as well.

btw this minor accident cost around $1600. most or less the whole back bumper is 1 piece and needs to be replaced.

this hurt :(.. car only have 1750KM.

Last edited:
It's supposed to work at speeds from 2-18 mph (4-30km/h) and stop you it detects that you will hit something. There are a lot of videos on youtube testing this...I'm too scared to try until I have a big empty cards box or something else lest I damage my car.

I have had the brake assist kick in on the freeway when I was accelerating and someone moved in from of me without warning; it did slow me down and assist with braking (and yelled "BRAKE").

I have twice now been stopped by the SCBS while pulling into the garage. I started pulling into the garage when the door was not quite open yet, the car thought I would hit the door and hit the brakes. For the record, I would not have hit the door as it was higher than the hood and I was moving slowly enough that by the time the windshield would have been in line with the door it would have been fully open.

I guess the car disagreed with me.

How does this system work? will this prevent my car from rolling forward and hitting a car?

I was just rear ended by a new audi q5 so i would assumed audi would have similar system, so i'm not sure if i understand how these system work. I feel like if i didn't step on the break i would rear end the car in front of me as well.

btw this minor accident cost around $1600. most or less the whole back bumper is 1 piece and needs to be replaced.

this hurt :(.. car only have 1750KM.

Sorry to hear about your damage. Yes that Audi is supposed to have Audi pre-sense city with Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and pedestrian detection (up to 85km/h [52mph]) but I guess it wasn't working :(

Here is Mazda Australia's video explaining how Smart City Brake Support works:

Back