SLS Performance Front Motor Mount

Groza187 said:
no by loose i meant it was totally in two pieces, the mount.

i know. we meant the one you have on now. tighten the nuts more if they will go. you will be surprise how much tighter they will go w/ a breaker bar or pipe on the end of a ratchet. of course i think the SLS forces you to hold the bolt since they are lose and not attached to the mount, never understood that.

Groza187 said:
no by loose i meant it was totally in two pieces, the mount.

Clarify: The mount is physically separated (i.e. you have two parts?). It shouldn't be the case....

Groza187 said:
Yeah that is exactly what I meant. One more question did anybody jack up their car to install the mount, just the front wheels I mean?

i didnt. i jacked up the engine a lil on the oil pan just to support it but not the entire front. the wheels were still on the ground. just jacked it up maybe 1/2-1 inch.

Theres really no need too. Maybe only to make it a bit easier to get your hands under your car, if your lowered that is.

if the other mounts are shot then they will not hold the engine where it needs to be and this will make it harder to get the holes lined up for the center bolt. so supporting it helps that out

mine is making a groaning sound when i start off and when i accelerate hard. it doesnt do it w/ the stock mount so could it be anything other than the other mounts not being able to support it right? i have a rear to install I just don't know if I am gonna do it myself or take it in to have it done. i'm not sure if it's just the mount stiffening up the front and forcing the others to take all the movement and thus making the noise or if it's something else. but i have confirmed that the noise goes away when i put the stock mount back in.

amsgator said:
if the other mounts are shot then they will not hold the engine where it needs to be and this will make it harder to get the holes lined up for the center bolt. so supporting it helps that out

Yeah, I guess it cant hurt anything, I couldnt get a jack under the oil pan if I tried tho:( I need a good slim floor jack.

lol. yea mine is still stock height. mine was a pain to get in, i think it's b/c the other mounts were'nt holding the engine where it needed to be so i had to pull on the mount to get the engine up and jam the bolt in. it took like an hour or so. i had to play w/ it so much. ggrrr. i need the other's replaced now

amsgator said:
lol. yea mine is still stock height. mine was a pain to get in, i think it's b/c the other mounts were'nt holding the engine where it needed to be so i had to pull on the mount to get the engine up and jam the bolt in. it took like an hour or so. i had to play w/ it so much. ggrrr. i need the other's replaced now

My bolts were a pain too, but I had help:)

amsgator said:
mine is making a groaning sound when i start off and when i accelerate hard. it doesnt do it w/ the stock mount so could it be anything other than the other mounts not being able to support it right? i have a rear to install I just don't know if I am gonna do it myself or take it in to have it done. i'm not sure if it's just the mount stiffening up the front and forcing the others to take all the movement and thus making the noise or if it's something else. but i have confirmed that the noise goes away when i put the stock mount back in.
That is exactly what noise that I am getting, but my back mount is fine I checked it. I will be putting the side in shortly so I m curious as to what will happen but right now the noise is so annoying I dont even feel like driving.

Last edited:
is yours only when you start off in 1st gear relatively hard or sometimes even normal and also when accelerating hard in 2nd?

Groza187 said:
That is exactly what noise that I am getting, but my back mount is fine I checked it. I will be putting the side in shortly so I m curious as to what will happen but right now the noise is so annoying I dont even feel like driving.

hey let me know if the side fixes it. PM or post here and i'll check back. thanks ahead of time :-( it sux having to granny it from a start.

geez. that's weird. idk what it could be :( hope it isnt tranny or clutch. thought i dont c why a mount would affect that at all

Back