Slow driving review

First reviewer to point out how the turbo pushes the base limitations of the car (brakes and suspension).

It cracks me up, since we're talking about an SUV but keep forgetting that point because of how damned nice the CX-5 is, especially with the turbo. He even said "In a way, this is a mid-sized SUV...a family car...you shouldn't even be doing this" as he immediately corrects himself because he obviously can't help putting his foot into it!

Also interesting that the CX-5 turbo in his market has i-Stop (comes to a red light at 12:10).

He starts talking about price being a limiting factor (15:20). I believe he's in Malaysia. His stated range for the CX-5 turbo converts to USD$43,000 to USD$45,000 versus his stated top range of the CR-V as being about USD$42,000 and others "in the segment" that start at USD$33,000. Tariffs (I believe 30% or so on vehicles) in Malaysia make non-domestic cars horribly expensive.

Base limitations of the car. i don't know about that. I look back to Car & Drivers first test of the CX-5 in a comparison of CUV's, which it won.. They said, "It not only handles like a car, it handles like a good car". I have a first generation, 2015 Touring. Have they softened the handling that much to in an effort make it quieter, and smoother riding?

Base limitations of the car. i don't know about that. I look back to Car & Drivers first test of the CX-5 in a comparison of CUV's, which it won.. They said, "It not only handles like a car, it handles like a good car". I have a first generation, 2015 Touring. Have they softened the handling that much to in an effort make it quieter, and smoother riding?

Top ranked compact SUV in their current list. https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...mpact-Crossover-SUV-Ranked-from-Worst-to-Best

Back