Slippery Pedal Syndrome

MS3_KIDD

:
2009 Mazdaspeed3
thats it, iv had it. ever since i bought my 3 my only gripe has been that if my skate shoes or my work boots are absolutely dry and clean my feet are all over the pedals. my work boots are always oily being that im a tech at a honda dealership, and with this snow my shoes are always wet. my purposed cure other than the more obvious one of leaving a clean pair of shoes in the car (since i know ill hear that)

my purposed solution, putting a few track shoe spikes on the pedals, dulled down of course but still with enough bite to grab my slick shoes

http://image10.bizrate-images.com/resize?sq=400&uid=2090357613

welp, lets hear it
anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
I drive barefoot or "socks-only" 99% of the time. I've been doing it since I got my VW back in 2004, and every car I've ever had was a stick. The tactile feel of the pedals to my bare feet is almost sensual. I absolutely hate driving with shoes on now. Whether it's 10 degrees or 100 degrees, the shoes come off. More people should try it.

I drive barefoot or "socks-only" 99% of the time. I've been doing it since I got my VW back in 2004, and every car I've ever had was a stick. The tactile feel of the pedals to my bare feet is almost sensual. I absolutely hate driving with shoes on now. Whether it's 10 degrees or 100 degrees, the shoes come off. More people should try it.

I do the same thing ever since I started driving.

Yes. Rubber pedals, or pedals w/rubber inserts suck big mummy moose ass. When I first saw the OE Speed pedals I had my doubts. Those rubber inserts scared me.

Take a look at these, and these:

IMG_2133.jpg

Because of the raised edges, they stick like glue to your soles, no matter what. Not the throttle of course.
I've had these on mine for over 4yrs now and still LOVE the hell out of them. They NEVER slip. \

And the two of you that are sensual about barefooted driving...That's just bloody scary!! Find a girl!! :D

edit* I just noticed, you live in Easton and work at "a" Honda dealer? I used to live there, 'grew up in Martins Creek and worked at P-E myself. It didn't take for me though and I left after a few months.

Last edited:
yeahhh i considered a few pedal replacements as well, martins creek is just a skip and a jump from Easton. its always nice finding people with ties to the area

too funny. i kinda do the same thing. mostly in the summer when i'm wearing flip flops and sandals. i also drive with socks if i'm wearing clogs. ha, it's good to know there are other freaks out there!

Back