SkyActiv-X Review, glimpse of possibly what to expect in future CX-5s

No problem :D

Hopefully 2.5L version gives even greater power and torque figures meaning better performance coupled with good fuel economy.

Looks like there is a larger torque bump when using the HIGH OCTANE fuel than the old Skyactiv-G.

(and those that argue and say that there is no difference with high octane fuel, on the Skyactiv-G, here is your proof to the contrary from Mazda)(drinks)

Mazda-SkyActiv-X-Review-32.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like there is a larger torque bump when using the HIGH OCTANE fuel than the old Skyactiv-G.

(and those that argue and say that there is no difference with high octane fuel, on the Skyactiv-G, here is your proof to the contrary from Mazda)(drinks)

Mazda-SkyActiv-X-Review-32.jpg

I think its funny that they label the vertical axis with torque, and units (always appreciated) but have no numbers there.

I think its funny that they label the vertical axis with torque, and units (always appreciated) but have no numbers there.

Because they are still trying to work out the actual torque figures.

Because they are still trying to work out the actual torque figures.

I call BS. They have curves for two existing engines. Those are associated with real numbers that could be put on the graph with a vertical scale.

So these skyactiv engines are going to be supercharged?

So the turbo 2.5 idea is dropped?

So, they mentioned that the 2.0 will have 142kW (power) and 340Nm of torque. What does that mean in HP and lb ft of torque?

I call BS. They have curves for two existing engines. Those are associated with real numbers that could be put on the graph with a vertical scale.

Call it what you will. When they are good and ready the figures will be revealed

Thanks. That would be very nice! If they get that from a 2.0, will there be a 2.5 with even higher HP and torque numbers? These could be the killer engines that Mazda needs.

No worries

Correct. 2.5L should get more

Agreed fn awesome, game changing breakthrough if they can pull off the execution of these motors.

Agreed fn awesome, game changing breakthrough if they can pull off the execution of these motors.

We shall find out probably during the later half of next year when it comes online with the new Mazda3

Mazda..you do keep giving me pretty good reasons not to buy now/soon though...just sayin;)

Back