Skyactiv Remote Turbo Build

went ahead and ordered 6 an fitting I found a really good price on. once they come from the PRC it will be plumbed. i'll have to wait before buying the tune though.

It wouldn't fit the dimensions and bends are all the wrong angles/lengths. Not to mention that's like $4000 or more

It uses a special grease vs instead of plumbed oil. When it needs to be serviced, you replace the grease. It still uses water for cooling.

Tested the pump and hoses.. no leaks and it pulled from the bucket snd was shooting with the hose vertical. It's quiet too.

CEHWrGo.jpg

Oil dumping that's what I need to address. It could be a couple of issues, I'm leaning towards drainage but I don't have time to spend hours wrenching to trouble shoot like that so i removed everything for break down. Going to make some changes to the oil drainage. I had the turboh clocked so the drain was 45* from vertical, into a 45* drain fitting for max ground clearance. But that could be hinderimg drainage even with the pump. Plus I'll need to double check hoses for any air leaks reducing pum effectiveness.

That's what I have. I just need to work on placement of thenpump/drain placement and orientation. Ive ordered some new fittings in the meantime.

Ordered a new waste gate that cracks at 1 PSI, opens full by 5-6 psi. It was too short though (and the new arm loop is too small for the flapper) so I cut the threaded portion from the old waste gate, bought two "t screws" (the screw with fangs on it you stick in wood and stuff, then you put a bolt into it), overlapped the thread and jammed them, then welded it.

0Sj24b1.jpg

Didn't see one at home depot lol. I paid like 72c for those 2 nuts. It should ever come apart (even if I hadn't welded it)

Back