Siruis offer

they never asked for any information about my actual car, so if you just call them and say you own a mazdaspeed, i doubt they'd care. they're making money on the service, not the equipment. just know that the receiver might not work with your headunit

scott42 said:
cool. thanks; that's the info I was looking for.

That will be your problem ... the reciever is made for the Kenwood head unit that the MSP has. Im not sure that the connector is universal. The freebie deal is only for the reciever and the antenna. The head-unit has to be compatible.

celdridge said:
That will be your problem ... the reciever is made for the Kenwood head unit that the MSP has. Im not sure that the connector is universal. The freebie deal is only for the reciever and the antenna. The head-unit has to be compatible.
I would suspect a Kenwood is a Kenwood and I would doubt Kenwood would make a different connector to the head unit by model....would be kinda limiting and therefore expesnive to make the radio adaptor for every model they make

true, but then again when the mp3 came out it was kinda new technology, so things may have changed since then. there is a 2 year difference between models, things change in 2 years sometimes :)

The same Kenwood Sirius tuner fits all Kenwood "Sirius-Ready" head units. That's means that the Z919 and Z828 units in the 2001 MP3s work fine.

tekkie said:
its not illegal to have the sat radio, its illegal for them to sell it to Canadians

its not to hard to figure out, make up a fake US address if you have to, they will activate it based on your CC anyway :)
Well I tried this once already.

Sirius told me that they cannot ship to Canada, then when I supplied them with a US address, they said great.

Now to get the offer you have to sign up for a 1 year service, please go ahead with your credit card info.

Sirius operator "O sorry sir, you need a US credit card issued on a US bank, do you have one? If you do not, we cannot offer you the free tuner!"

So again I beg the question - Did anyone from Canada figure out how to get the free unit ?

evolv said:
Well I tried this once already.

Sirius told me that they cannot ship to Canada, then when I supplied them with a US address, they said great.

Now to get the offer you have to sign up for a 1 year service, please go ahead with your credit card info.

Sirius operator "O sorry sir, you need a US credit card issued on a US bank, do you have one? If you do not, we cannot offer you the free tuner!"

So again I beg the question - Did anyone from Canada figure out how to get the free unit ?
I ordered it....have not seen it yet at the US address I ordered 1 week ago and used my paypal mastercard

oliver2000 said:
I ordered it....have not seen it yet at the US address I ordered 1 week ago and used my paypal mastercard
What is a paypal M/C ???

I just put mine in and activated it. God I love sirius, what are some good channels that you guys listen to?

Chris

evolv said:
What is a paypal M/C ???
A US credit card from Paypal...actually technically a debit card....you can also get a US based VISA from TD bank

DEC 8!!!!

I just called, the units are still on back order and will be in on December 8th!!!(hump)

For those wondering about if the units work on any kenwood....
I went to the store today to look into how the units connect and they told me that the receivers connect through the input for our CD changer on the back of the deck. So, I think the connection on the back of kenwood decks for CD changers are pretty universal. (cool)

But, if you have a CD changer, or like me, have your MP3 player connected through it, you'd have to give up the changer or the cord to your MP3 for Sirius. I dont mean to threadjack, but does anyone know how to have both an Ipod and siruis hooked up at the same time?
Screw the kenwood deck for not having any RCA's....:mad:

pjo1966 said:
Dec 8 has come and gone... any sign of these?

I have been calling and bitching every day ... these people are retarded and im getting sick of dealing with them. The items were delayed again and i think some one stuck the one that i was triple guarenteed to get ... up their ass. We will see.

I got a call from these guys today (I had pretty much written them off) telling me that units were now in and asking if I still wanted one. They said its not the unit that the first folks got, its something different as that is no longer made.

FINALLY GOT IT!

Very cool. I installed it last night. Not as easy as I would have thought but not that bad. I did NOT pull out my radio, it wouldn't come out nice so I got my are back there behind my 3 gauge set and pushed in that large round plug. I got a magnet mount and I installed it on the roof. Very cool. I just printed out the PDF of all the channels. Man there is a ton. Weather, comedy, sports, music. Very cool.

Here's the link to the channel guide.
http://www.sirius.com/pdf/channelguide.pdf

Whats up guys!
i just called in and they said they have a few in stock. its first call first serve baises. so call in all of you waiters!
they said it will ship out today and come in 2-3 days.
yeah!!

Back