Sirius vs. XM???

The L

:
2005 Mazda3 5 door
Considering getting satellite in 3. I know that the Sirius can hook up directly through the dash, but I have heard people who have liked the XM better than Sirius. Any thoughts anyone?

My sirius is great..Have listened to XM and sirius...I always tell people the the Sirius is the single best thing I have ever bought for any car...Worth every penny.

I would look to see the channel lineups for each, then decide which has more value for you. XM looks to have more overall stations, but Sirius seems to have more quality stations, in my opinion. Up to you.

With that said, I think Sirius has more going for it currently, given that Mazda designed their cars for it, Stern brought over a few million subscribers and you can get a lifetime subscription, which ends up saving you money if you plan to use it for >5 years.

ForceFed said:
My sirius is great..Have listened to XM and sirius...I always tell people the the Sirius is the single best thing I have ever bought for any car...Worth every penny.

Thanks ForceFed. Did you pick yours up aftermarket, or did you get it factory? Just wondering about ease of the aftermarket installation.

acivick said:
I would look to see the channel lineups for each, then decide which has more value for you. XM looks to have more overall stations, but Sirius seems to have more quality stations, in my opinion. Up to you.

With that said, I think Sirius has more going for it currently, given that Mazda designed their cars for it, Stern brought over a few million subscribers and you can get a lifetime subscription, which ends up saving you money if you plan to use it for >5 years.

Thanks for the info acivick! I know that my husband has XM, and we have DirecTV which has now linked up with XM for their music channels, but I find that I tend to hear some of the same stuff, even with all those channels. From the looks of it, Sirius has a lot of genres of music that I like, I just haven't gotten a chance to actually have a listen for myself.

Back