Sirius Satelite radio install troubles

djthom

Contributor
I tried to install the Sirius satellite radio...but the freakin thing didn't work!
grrrrr...is it supposed to work with any head unit? I took it out and in the back there wasn't any free place to plug the unit in...HELP!!!

Once I saw the back there is a place where a wire harness attaches (not the big one but the lil one) then there is the smaller one (this one matches the sirius one). I unplugged one and plugged in the other to see if it would work that way and no dice....(boom07)

any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

You have to unplug the connector going to the AUX in the console. It plugs there, and your AUX will stop working. If you want both, you have to also add a "switch box".

The sirius and ipod modules changed for the '08.5 m/y. Did you get the newer sirius module, or the older one? Also the switchbox shouldn't be needed for the '08.5.

The sirius and ipod modules changed for the '08.5 m/y. Did you get the newer sirius module, or the older one? Also the switchbox shouldn't be needed for the '08.5.

Thanks for the info!

I am assuming it is the older one...but how can you tell?

You have to unplug the connector going to the AUX in the console. It plugs there, and your AUX will stop working. If you want both, you have to also add a "switch box".

I did. I unplugged the AUX cluster and plugged in the sirius and No Joy...

Latest posts

Back