SIRIUS Radio

msmbob

Hi I just joined this forum so I hope I'm doing this right. I bought a Mazdaspeed Miata for my wife (2004). It has the Bose 6 speaker stereo. They said it was capable of having SIRIUS radio. Does anyone know what would be involved (effort as well as $$$) to do this? Is it something that only a dealer can do? I have XM on my other car. Could I also make it use XM? Any help would be appreciated.

if the headunit itself isn't a sirius ready unit, the easiest thing would be to get the add-on that you can get aftermarket. If it is likely to be a sirius head unit, then it would just be adding an antenea, and subscribing.

I'm not an audio person, so I may be wrong. But if you want to ask me about attacking your car with the sawzall, i seem to be the expert with that around here :p

BTW, welcome to the forum. (hi)

I have both, XM seems better. I mounted the antenna inside on the dash next to curved speedo/instrument cluster, no problem with pick up of signals. I use the Delph roady xt unit, walmart around 50.00 etc
my 07 GT came with the serius radio so I use it but XM seems better overall. Don

I dont know if it is the same in the states as canada, but up here MX doesnt get annnnyyyyy signal at all (looses signal when driving though down town calgary..), I found that Sirius gets great coverage, even when in the bushes 4x4ing. Does XM have better content or what?

As mentioned, I have both, XM seems better on bluegrass, sirius better on 50-60" both about same on country station so I woud say if you get better receiption with Sirius , stick with it. I'm not sure about Canada coverage with XM as I'm in NC and travel only in States.

Back