Simple mods/upgrades

thats a lot of money for me but looks pretty good, the guy on the muffler shop told me that for 70 bucks i'll get

bigger pipes, smaller or none resonator and weld everything up

But i told him to put me a smaller resonator cuz may be too loud and i'll get no back pressure

not bad price. no resonator will make your exhaust sound a little raspy.

not bad price. no resonator will make your exhaust sound a little raspy.

Yea i mean instead of getting a catback for more than 300 i ll just pay 70.. raspy like what?? my old miata had no resonator and the sound was too loud and had no back pressure ( that was my mistake ) on the take off was slow cuz of that

Yea i mean instead of getting a catback for more than 300 i ll just pay 70.. raspy like what?? my old miata had no resonator and the sound was too loud and had no back pressure ( that was my mistake ) on the take off was slow cuz of that

I dont know how the protege would should with out a resonator, i always had one of somekind on the car. Except when it was straight piped, kinda too loud for my taste, so weld back a resonator back on. I have my own welder, so experimenting with different exhausts was no big deal.

But from two other cars i had, where i didn't have a resonator. the car sounded like a lawnmover or fartcan. One was a honda hatch and the other car was a vw jetta. But tip/muffler had a lot to do with the sound as well.

I dont know how the protege would should with out a resonator, i always had one of somekind on the car. Except when it was straight piped, kinda too loud for my taste, so weld back a resonator back on. I have my own welder, so experimenting with different exhausts was no big deal.

But from two other cars i had, where i didn't have a resonator. the car sounded like a lawnmover or fartcan. One was a honda hatch and the other car was a vw jetta. But tip/muffler had a lot to do with the sound as well.

Yea i'm just gonna get a smaller resonator.. some more air flow but not loud

Btw if i take it off will have no back pressure

Back