signal mirror upgrade

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring
For those that are interested in upgrading to signal mirrors i found an item on ebay No. 200086835675 to upgrade both mirrors to signal mirrors. According to the posting these are geniune mazda parts from japan. the price is 69.00 plus 25 for shipping. If anyone gets these and installs them pls. post pics. The only other thing is that they are primed not painted. They charge an additional 50 for painting. Hope this helps somebody out there looking to upgrade to signal mirrors

These might be "genuine" Mazda parts (in Asia), but they might not be the same as the OE parts
we have here in US.
Do not assume.

I have done similar work to my wife's Prius (no OE signal mirrors in US). They work, and look OK.
Basically, the mirror covers are replaced. The installation involves removal
of mirror assembly, and door inside trim. Make sure you know how to remove the rubber boots for
wires near the door hinges if there is no pre-wires inside CX9s.

When you say that they look okay, do you mean that you can tell that they were modified? They don't have a factory like appearance. With the kits listed they install on the clips that the original mirrors have. When i purchased my cx9 i looked at the window sticker and it said 100 percent parts content is japanese and that it was built in japan . So wouldn't these parts fit if they are made in asia? Any info would be helpful. Thanks again.

you gotta be careful with the "Made in Japan" tag for parts for our CX-9. true, they may have been made there, but if they are saying they are for the JDM then they are fake or knockoffs as there is no CX-9 sold in Japan. (unfortunate fallout of the Tuner market is JDM label plastered on everything) Now if they are talking OEM parts for the USDM then they should be a close match. only trust an "OEM" Mazda part if you can see it in a factory sealed bag with the Mazda part number on it.

kornholio,
Do you notice that the lights are different from OE ones?
In the case of my wife's Prius, Prius has no OE signal lights.
Some part makers claim themselves to be OEM, not OE.
OEM essentially means they make parts for automaker such as Mazda, but
those parts are NOT OE parts. They might fit, but the QC standard could be different.
Also, as Foggy said, they could simply be "fake" products.

As long as you make sure you can return them if you don't like them on arrival, you
should be OK. Afterall, you do take risks when buying from eBay, from which I bought
the signal mirror covers for my wife's Prius.

Back