Sign here if you want to be on the MI area PM event list

tuning factory is only about 20 min away.

i refuse to give livernois any more of my money. i had a bad experience with them. long story short i paid them $900 to do nothing.

i dont recommend anyone go there unless you have a mustang. even then i would say go out to alternative auto.

tunersteve said:
What did you get, and where did you get them from?

Enkei Evo 6, 17x7, hyperblack $140 a piece from Discount Tire. They cost Discount Tire $200 a piece, but they price-matched another website, so they're losing money.

Falking Azenis ST-115, $76 from Discount Tire, also pricematched.

enkei_evo6_hysil.jpg

falken_Azenisst115.jpg

jflash said:
tuning factory is only about 20 min away.

i refuse to give livernois any more of my money. i had a bad experience with them. long story short i paid them $900 to do nothing.

i dont recommend anyone go there unless you have a mustang. even then i would say go out to alternative auto.

I had a feeling it may have been something like that. Good info.

i dont post much on here but im still lurking, tuning factory is A+ stuff. they hosted autorama and a bunch of my buddies all work over there. nice place. any of you guys live around the woodward area or is everyone way out?

just went for a drive on the funrun roads this weekend, and they are pretty clear; not much dirt in the corners. The rain this week will clean things up nicely.

Tom

goldwing2000 said:
Now if we can just get it to stop snowing so I can swap tires...

I already put my rims and tires back on but then again I have a saturn to drive and we have 3 hits on my car that all seem serious. And my car is like 10 miles from my house, so joy riding became less easier.

With the way people are interested in my car there is a very strong possibilty it will be gone April.

I did mine on Saturday. Got tired of the winter look and said screw it.

goldwing2000 said:
Now if we can just get it to stop snowing so I can swap tires...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaggie1 said:

If the weather stays true, I will probably swap mine out on Saturday, as well as polish the ride up a bit. It makes me sad to see it not cleaned up. The weather has been too rough right now to get outside and clean it well though.

Yeah, mine got a pretty weak wash but I had the wheels in the house and got em all waxed up and tires a shinin. Looks good out there in the sunlight. I almost forgot how good it looks without those bland steelieson it......

Did you get my PM about the hood situation ? Have you thought about it at all ? For that matter, what did it cost you when you had it painted originally ?

tunersteve said:
If the weather stays true, I will probably swap mine out on Saturday, as well as polish the ride up a bit. It makes me sad to see it not cleaned up. The weather has been too rough right now to get outside and clean it well though.

Yaggie1 said:
Yeah, mine got a pretty weak wash but I had the wheels in the house and got em all waxed up and tires a shinin. Looks good out there in the sunlight. I almost forgot how good it looks without those bland steelieson it......

Did you get my PM about the hood situation ? Have you thought about it at all ? For that matter, what did it cost you when you had it painted originally ?

Yah, I got your PM. It was 250 to paint the hood when I had it done. I'm not sure yet, but as soon as the car goes up for sale we can discuss it a bit more. Right now I'm still a few months out on putting it up.

Yaggie1 said:

If I had swapped mine last Saturday, I would have been in a ditch on Monday. My regular tires are about shot (and I can't afford to buy new ones yet), so I have to keep the snows until I'm absolutely sure the temp is going to stay above 40.

(sorry for the accidental edit of your post. I didn't change anything, just hit the wrong button)

Met up with a buddy of mine that owns a 2005 STi and we hit up some roads near Dexter-Pinckney road, north territorial and where did we end up?...Hadley road going down pretty much the same route for our cruise only we didnt turn left onto Williamsville in Unadilla. But all the roads are nice and stone free. The car handled great considering the lack of tread I have left. It got me pumped for the first meet. Even if i dont have my car I'll make him drive his STi.

jonlong said:
It seems like everyone is good with some weekend in April. Maybe we could have the install meet the day before the fun drive? Let's try this:

Put your name behind any weekend that won't work for you. This way we can pick the weekend that the fewest people can't make it to.

Any Weekend Works For Me!

April 7th-8th
1. jonlong

April 14th-15th

April 21st-22nd

April 28th-29th
1.kfcuno

Updated list

1. tunersteve
2. jdub260
3. Albert
4. Yaggie1
5. SlideWRX
6. Xcelr8to1320
7. goldwing2000
8. jaw307
9. blackmica3
10. Winty87
11. neit_jnf
12. jonlong
13. Turbotom
14. DaveB
15. Joe RX-8
16. Japan8
17. kfcuno
18. jflash
19. jfvhpilot
20. Will P Rob
21. Entense
22. Bluesultan
23. Perro del Sol
24. mica3speedy
25. Michiganspeed
26. silverpro5
27. Andrewsmc
28. simdrew
29. Ryobob

1. tunersteve
2. jdub260
3. Albert
4. Yaggie1
5. SlideWRX
6. Xcelr8to1320
7. goldwing2000
8. jaw307
9. blackmica3
10. Winty87
11. neit_jnf
12. jonlong
13. Turbotom
14. DaveB
15. Joe RX-8
16. Japan8
17. kfcuno
18. jflash
19. jfvhpilot
20. Will P Rob
21. Entense
22. Bluesultan
23. Perro del Sol
24. mica3speedy
25. Michiganspeed
26. silverpro5
27. Andrewsmc
28. simdrew
29. Ryobob
30. thejoker0409<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Yaggie1 said:
^^ Are you talking about the install portion of the meet ? I don't know that we have actually firgured that part out yet ............

Question answered with the first fun drive. Hopefully everyone will make it out that was a pretty big list.

Back