Side skirt removal

Yaggie1

What the fire.........
:
3.5 P5
Anybody ever taken their side skirts on and off before ? I have got some paint chipped off right where the skirt ends and the rear fenderwell and they are rusting. Is it just a series of clips that hold those things on there ? I would like to try to get it taken care of some how but don't want to tear into it til I have a little better idea of how those are mounted.

i believe you need to remove the screws at the very ends of the skirt. inside the well. and the rest is just pulling. there are clips that hold it into the body. but more likely than not, you might need to get new clips for the skirt when you re install them.

Just to clarify- your side shirts aren't rusting, it's the door panel/rocker panel that's rusting, right?

The P5 side skirts I bought used were plastic.

^The skirts are made of urethane; they can't rust.

His fenderwells are what is rusting, just where they meet the sideskirts. The reason I took off my side skirts is because I had the same problem. You'll want to make sure you look at the entire underside of the car and take care of any upcoming rust problems so that you don't need to take them off again.

Last edited:
Correct.

^The skirts are made of urethane; they can't rust.

His fenderwells are what is rusting, just where they meet the sideskirts. The reason I took off my side skirts is because I had the same problem. You'll want to make sure you look at the entire underside of the car and take car of any upcoming rust problems so that you don't need to take them off again.

Back